From the White House photo description on Flickr: "President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden, along with members of the national security team, receive an update on the mission against Osama bin Laden in the Situation Room of the White House, May 1, 2011. Please note: a classified document seen in this photograph has been obscured."
* There was some talk on the news wires of CIA director Leon Panetta and the National Security team watching the operation unfold, real-time, via live video. Is that what they're doing here? And how did that work?
* Are they viewing the moment of the kill, or perhaps the body?
* Wonder what that mosaic'd document was. Guesses?
* The document beneath it looks like the aerial shot of the compound one can also see on Google Earth.
* Next to Obama on the floor, there's a burn bag.
* Man next to Clinton has a "Secret Service" lanyard around his neck.
* Clinton's holding a binder that says "Top Secret Code Word NOFORN, For use in White House Sit Room only."
* They're using HP laptops.
* Ethernet, no wireless.
* Clinton's expression is particularly intense.
* Seating arrangement.
UPDATE: TIME has more context.
(Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)
UPDATE: Many photoshops will bloom. Here is one.
And below, by popular demand.
Boing Boing editor/partner and tech culture journalist Xeni Jardin hosts and produces Boing Boing's in-flight TV channel on Virgin America airlines (#10 on the dial), and writes about living with breast cancer. Diagnosed in 2011. @xeni on Twitter. email: firstname.lastname@example.org.