Morpheus Lander, at Johnson Space Center (snapshot)

11 Responses to “Morpheus Lander, at Johnson Space Center (snapshot)”

I can’t believe you’re at my workplace.

I wonder how many people appreciate the fact that NASA has purchased this from a garage operation, and use a testing method pioneered by that very same garage operation. I think it’s great, but I’m really leery that NASA is not giving credit where credit is due. Congrats to the Alt Space Pioneers at Armadillo Aerospace.

Enter the lander, and find out what the matrix is.

4. cbuchner1 says:

And in other news…

Armadillo Aerospace are planning to launch their first cylindrical rocket really soon from Spaceport America. Hover tests before first flight have been completed. Intended flight envelope for the first launch is 100000 feet.

Check out the blog on the Armadillo website for latest videos!

5. Brainspore says:

Great, we’ve gone from spacecraft shaped like giant penises to ones shaped like giant scrotums.

6. Michael Smith says:

I hope the designers put plenty of anti-slosh plates in those big tanks. Neil Armstrong would approve.

My Fast Karate senses immediately tingled when I read, “Just hangin’ out.”

8. pjcamp says:

“Oh Tom! Tom! Those balls will be your fortune!”

9. whamodyne says:

As a libertarian, it’s very confirming to watch 20 to 30 full time government workers doing the same thing that 8 guys working part time (Tuesdays and Saturdays) after their real jobs did in a garage. Four years ago. Go Armadillo!

Should I ever become a superhero, I’ll take “Morpheus Lander” as my new identity.

11. Stephen says:

I believe it was designed and developed by Armadillo Aerospace (John Carmack’s rocket design project); manufactured by Armadillo and NASA; and opperated by NASA.