AmazonBasics Electronics Travel Case

15 Responses to “AmazonBasics Electronics Travel Case”

1. DaveP says:

would be great if reviewer would cover the differences between this product and putting all this kit in the original equipment cases that it apparently comes with and then throwing all of those little cases into a single-pocket vanilla case

2. starpause says:

I’ve been eyeing up similar holders my self … this one looks good! Just for reference, have you ever tried the Kanga Room gear like http://www.greatusefulstuff.com/Travel-Cord-Organizer-Charging-Case-p/TCS01089MUKRSD.htm

3. Counterglow says:

This would simply give me the opportunity to lose everything at once, rather than one item at a time.

I use a Pelican case with foam molds. More durable, big enough to also hold my laptop, lockable, and damn near indestructible.

5. Charlie Stross says:

Weirdly, I’m seeing a price of $14.40-odd cents from amazon.com, but just bought one in the UK for £4.99, or about US $8.00 from amazon.co.uk — which includes 20% sales tax!

• Anonymous says:

You just discovered the stupid tax we pay to be American.

• kjulig says:

Payback for all the 1 dollar = 1 euro price conversion we get when we buy US-branded electronics. ;-)

• MoonBuggy says:

Anon: If that $6 extra on carry cases is what makes cars, electronics, food and booze significantly cheaper in the US, I’ll take it!

6. Cassandra says:

Yay! Now I can have ONE electronics carryon that holds my cellphone, DS, video camera, and iPod instead of trying to dig them all out of my cavernous bike bag whenever I travel.

I just use a plastic bag !

I carry most of those things in my iPhone. It almost fits in my pocket.

9. tamgoddess says:

I get such a geeky thrill when Charles Stross posts. It takes all of my grown up reserve not to buy something he bought just because he bought it. Le sigh!

I have used one of these as one of two of my tech toolkit bags that I keep in my backpack for work (the other being a normal little fold-able tool case that is a similar form factor to this one).

It fits my network tester, power supply tester, ethernet cutter/stripper, ethernet crimper, along with having a lot of free space for some spare ethernet ends to float around. Plus in the zipper flap that holds down the ethernet crimper, I keep some cable ties and a 2gb emergency USB boot drive.

Pretty nice for the 9$ I paid for it, as I keeps all of this stuff from floating around in my backpack.

I use a soft-sided lunch box. It’s padded, compartmentalized, has handy mesh pockets for a small amount of documentation, plus an optional carry strap. I use one for “remote office” gear, and one for “radio” gear (I’m a ham). $5 each at the local grocery store.

12. eltoozero says:

Have this case, really is great for carrying extra cables, adapters, gadgets, chargers and such.

Seems a bit strange at first, what exactly you put in which compartment, but after just a bit of trial and error I found comfortable configuration for my many sizes and shapes of various gadgets.

Would buy again. Quite pleasantly surprised at the high quality of this 1st party Amazon item, I overfill this thing and it doesn’t get babied around in my bag either, holding up perfectly.