TOM THE DANCING BUG: The U.S. Government Tracks Its Man

By Ruben Bolling

1037cbCOMIC us tracks unemployed.jpg

Published 6:53 am Wed, May 11, 2011

15 Responses to “TOM THE DANCING BUG: The U.S. Government Tracks Its Man”

1. Percival Dunwoody says:

Ha, what a loser! I’ve seen that episode of The Price Is Right, and she totally did NOT overbid. -Percival Dunwoody, Idiot Time Traveler From 1909

2. EarthtoGeoff says:

Is it possible to get a Tom the Dancing Bug comment in before Percival Dunwoody — or would that be like asking if Jesus could microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?

3. Jorpho says:

I was expecting a punchline about the utterly unfindable person that is the feasible Republican presidential candidate. Ha! Ha!

If they stopped using _unmanned_ drones we wouldn’t have so many unemployed people now would we?

Not that I dislike Tom the Dancing Bug, but this is the first strip of his that I think should be printed out onto sheet steel, rolled up and used to repeatedly smack our government representatives until they agree to crack down on corporate America and get the people working again. The wealthy minority has become too influential for their own good, and those idiots are running the country into the ground.

6. Jellodyne says:

@akbar56: I certainly didn’t get this one until I found out she hadn’t actually overbid.

7. millie fink says:

Ha! Excellent punchline, and an excellent point to make, over and over again. We should all make that point, over and over again, louder and louder, and then, just maybe, some beltway bandits and congress-critters will finally hear.

8. braininavat says:

I’m pretty sure the guy in the green uniform giving the intelligence summary is Sarge from the Beetle Bailey comic. This must be from later in his career as the last tooth in his last mouth is now absent.

9. isaacb2 says:

I was pretty sure this was going to be another Charlie Sheen comic. I kinda wish it was.

Nicely done. One of your best ever.

The Army guy looks like Nate to me.