Boing Boing's 1st International Meetup Day: "Wonderful Things" 7 June 2011

26 Responses to “Boing Boing's 1st International Meetup Day: "Wonderful Things" 7 June 2011”

1. Revisorius says:

Right on! Looking forward to meeting you, Mark. Now all I’ve gotta do is figure out what unique item to bring.

2. STOREY JANE says:

I’ll do one in San Francisco Anyone interested?

3. Sekino says:

Awesome!! I sure hope other Mutants in Ottawa will join in! It would be nice for Ottawa to be part of something cool, for a change…

4. Maggie Koerth-Baker says:

Yo! Minneapolis/St Paul. Where are my Happy Mutants at?

5. Freddie Freelance says:

Damn! I know we have several other Powegians, as well as a number of other San Diegans, but I have to work ’til at least 7 PM that day.

6. EmC says:

Come to Portland,OR! We’ll have beers! and Wonderful Things!

7. shinyblackroses says:

Come out to our chapter if you’re near Atlanta!

8. LeidenTech says:

Anyone in Leiden?

9. penguinchris says:

I’m moving back to SoCal next week, so I’m glad this is scheduled when it is. It’s good timing because I’m not sure I would have brought any wonderful things with me – I’m leaving most of my crap at my parents’ house here in Buffalo. But now I know to bring at least one Wonderful Thing with me.

10. dia sobin says:

I’ve got the item(s), but, alas, I’ve seen no sign of fellow mutants in CT! :-(

11. Diodeus says:

Attending in Toronto: Sunny, Rachel and James (this is Toronto WTF! where is everyone!). Thank you for sharing your stories and cool stuff of Holy Crap and White Squirrels.

Toronto: I know there are tons of awesome people out there (present company included). Is Canadian modesty and Toronto up-tightness conspiring towards lameness. We can do better! three people?!?!

12. nixiebunny says:

If there’s not one in your town, then start one! It’s easy. I started onne for Tucson. We’ll see who comes.

13. xvedejas says:

I wonder if there are any other happy mutants in the Oklahoma City area…

14. Nawel says:

Ah, there are no Meetups near Santiago, Chile.

forever alone…

15. arbitraryaardvark says:

and don’t forget arbitrary day falls on june 25th this year

Hey, there are two fellow Edinburgers!!! *Waves*

17. wheresmytowel says:

Brisbane Au anyone?

18. Marya says:

I am sort of unwilling to jump up and take this on myself, but if anyone in COLUMBUS OHIO is willing to join me in pulling it together, I’ll hold up my end.
    Marya.deblasi at gmail dot com

19. yclept says:

So psyched. Terrified to choose _one_ item, though.

20. kittnkat says:

too bad most of the peeps who belong to boingboing are grouches who have a problem with everyone from cyclists to people with tattoos. The content of boingboing is great but damn, are you people ever surly.

on the other hand if we’re talking Happy Mutants, then damn, that might be a party!

• Antinous / Moderator says:

I find your ideas interesting and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

• Anonymous says:

Look I love boingboing ok, just sometimes I get depressed. Anyway, please allow me to retract my grouch comment, which Ive felt bad about all weekend.

Antinous, I’ve added you to my mailinglist, hope you like rainbows, coral reefs and sparkling rays of sunshine!

21. BallyHooligan says:

Nobody in Baltimore? Drats. I have some really cool stuff I could share..

22. Karlos says:

But on the other side of the planet it’ll be Wednesday…

… how about having them as close as possible to the actual event (PST California time?).

“Eastern Standard Tribe” and all that :)

Live streaming event FTW?

23. Raines Cohen says:

I’d love to host one, and know some great venues, but they all cost. Would it be appropriate to ask for a donation at the door or charge admission to pay for a space for one of these? Or to approach a venue about co-sponsorship of a particular town’s MeetUp?