New Order covered on ukulele: "Bizarre Love Triangle," by Witchger Boys

20 Responses to “New Order covered on ukulele: "Bizarre Love Triangle," by Witchger Boys”

1. spatley says:

Is there some sort of X prize for wicked awesome New Order covers?

And if not, why not cuz this meme is slaying me!

2. Keir says:

Wow, men play ukes too? Thank you for completing my education Xeni!

3. Lucky says:

ugh…more ukelele’s? Will it ever end. I guess I’ll have to get one so I can do that cover of Tubular Bells I’ve always wanted to do, but actually get people to notice.

wow! my brothers and I read boingboing all the time this post made our week. Weve been too spread out geographically these days to make new ones but I’m glad the old ones are still making people smile. Thanks for the post!

5. mack says:

Thoroughly great.

6. zeppomarks says:

In the spirit of full disclosure, I would like to say as a female that already has a weakness for the musicians – this is the sort of shit that just makes my clothes fall right off.
    Well done fellas.

7. Chesterfield says:

Beautiful job! Love it.

8. jamdot says:

This guy does a really good job on a Young MC cover ‘Bust a Move’… http://youtu.be/0xF4Bqk6I38

The Witchger Boys ROCK! This song made we wanna sleep all night in still one place to go… http://youtu.be/CMv21im4CGY

10. Caroline says:

I used to hang out with these kids when we were, er, kids. They did this kind of thing then, too. (And took video of it, but we didn’t have YouTube back in the early 90s.) Probably the highest concentration of artistic talent in a family since the Carter Family. I went to the wedding of the fellow with the beard; the reception turned into a family jam session and it was awesome.

Psst, mindysan33 — katianwitchger is a woman :)

11. Eric Z Goodnight says:

Yup, I thought so, that’s the Bob Witchger I went to ECU with. He was an illustration major (a talented one, too) and I remember him being obsessed with old country and folk musicians. I see why! This is the same college that pretty much produced the Avett Brothers, BTW. Scott Avett was a graduating painting major when I was maybe a freshman or sophmore in the SOA.

12. Infinite Decay says:

I love the part played on the kitchen pans. Excellently done!

13. musicman says:

Reminds me of the version by Australian band Frente 1994: http://youtu.be/IJ1c9ErCn7w

• flosofl says:

Holy crap! I had a cassette of that: “Marvin The Albumn” I wore it out. I have been looking on and off for it on iTunes for years. The only thing I could find was a song on a Tom Waits tribute album and a song on a Melrose Place soundtrack(and a whole lot of Latin music with the word “Frente” in the title somewhere). I just now thought to check Amazon. And there it was! CD only, but for the same price as most iTunes albums.

So thank you for jarring my memory. It was one of my favorite driving albums. You just made my day (absolute cerial about that)

14. mindysan33 says:

Very nice! I love the outtakes at the end. It reminds me of the Rocky and Balls videos…

15. mindysan33 says:

Also, this guy also did a version of the Buggles “Video Killed the Radio Star” with a neat stop motion video:

Very cool!!!!

16. StAlfongzo says:

Awesome! Loved it!

17. caipirina says:

Anyone else hears ‘yesterday it was Thursday … today it is Friday … ‘ in the opening chords ???

So uke + new order gets you on BB even if you are male …