PREV • INDEXNEXT

1038cbCOMIC sfpc88 max doug.jpg

30 Responses to “TOM THE DANCING BUG: Super-Fun-Pak Comix, featuring "After the Rapture Cartoons," and More!”

1. Mujokan says:

Oh, those foibles.

2. rastronomicals says:

I’ve noticed over the last few months that the funniest thing about Tom the Dancing Bug is the Percival Dunwoody comment.

Yet, strangely, counterintuitively, Dunwoody-No-More® appears to be even funnier than that.

3. InsertFingerHere says:

Wow, another first comment from the idiot time traveler.

I liked the comic, as usual. But the funniest part was actually Percival Dunwoody’s comment. What does that mean?

5. zikman says:

benevolent! that’s rich.

6. Donald Petersen says:

I wonder if Mr Turner owes his stiffie to a tumor-fetish, or a surprisingly common balloon-animal-pedotumor fascination?

7. Chas Simmons says:

I don’t think (Catholic) priests get raptured. The more extreme of the twice-born — like the people who invented the “rapture” — think “Papists” are going to the Bad Place. For example, see:

8. Applemask says:

If you’re seriously going to create a Firefox extension to remove Perceval Dunwoody’s comments, you might as well make an app that generates the sound of thousands of fabulously-dressed wine-drinking middle class friends in a New York apartment laughing and congratulating you on your cleverness every time you make a post on the Internet.

• pidg says:

A++++++++++++ comment, would read again.

(*sound of fabulously-dressed middle class New Yorkers*… oh wait, I just left my Friends Season 8 DVD playing)

9. pidg says:

For the rest of us, there’s Dunwoody-No-More®.

10. irksome says:

I have a root canal on the 22nd. Yay, Rapture!

11. Slightly Askew says:

Perfect, Ruben. Exactly how I feel when I watch or read pretty much any mainstream fiction. Grown men are not idiots who only avoid stabbing themselves in the throat with garden shears due to the brilliance of their too-hot-for-their-husband MILF wives and their genius, beautiful, smart-aleck kids.

12. pidg says:

Rapture comix is genius.

13. benher says:

Don’t mind those malcontents Percival Dunwoody.
    Haters gonna hate…

14. donniebnyc says:

Am I the only one who thinks the rapture strip is funny? Anybody else?

PS. This is a serious question borne out of curiosity. Is every person who complains about how these comics suck a first timer? If not, why do you click on the link?

I love BoingBoing, but there are some posts I’m not interested in, so I ignore them.

• Dewi Morgan says:

I’m not one of the grumblers, so can’t speak for them. I was unmirthed by the rapture strip, but that’s most likely because I don’t know who the guy is meant to be.

Max & Doug: I was mirthed, meta’ly, with furry overtones.

Maroon Avenger: Mirthed, admired perfect last line.

Thomas Edison: Mirthed with a wince – as a programmer, web designer, et al, was painfully close to home.

Dr Dr MD: Unmirthed. I may be missing something, but there seemed no pun in the punchline, no satire, nothing for my brain to trip over and laugh. I subscribe to the theory that laughter’s a mechanism to smooth inconsistent data in our minds: it’s our brain stumbling and picking itself up.

Dad’s stupid: Unmirthed, sad, insightful.

Dunwoody: mirthed, but unsure how we’ll tell the difference when the zombies take over.

• Anonymous says:

A priest, a rabbi, and a minister walk into a bar…

15. Percival Dunwoody says:

Any experienced time traveler knows to NEVER go farther into the future than May 20, 2011. You can’t get a decent sandwich anywhere after the zombies take over the restaurant industry. -Percival Dunwoody, Idiot Time Traveler From 1909

16. John I says:

Bravo. Fun-Pak Comix is always a few cuts above Bolling’s other work. I love the spot-on New Yorker style in the Rapture Cartoons.

17. jmdaly says:

dad’s stupid!

18. Smoobly says:

Another laff-fest, just chock-a-block with chuckles…

19. jphilby says:

Oh so Dad’s stupid, huh? Just wait until 20 years down the line bucko. Then it’ll be too late.

“Dad’s Stupid” inexplicably made me sad.