12 Responses to “Watch Shuttle Endeavour's final return to earth tonight, at Kennedy Space Center”

1. codesuidae says:

When I was living in Texas I once saw the shuttle coming in at night. Definitely the coolest thing I’ve ever seen. You could see the bright spot of the hot shuttle and a trail of glowing sparks trailing for half the sky behind it.

IMO they really should make every reasonable effort to show off like that to the America public as often as possible, it’s really inspiring.

2. elsuperjeffe says:

thanks for the info xeni.

i’m kinda amazed that it takes the penultimate landing for me to notice and google the APU flames near the tail while sitting on the runway. pretty cool….

I live in Naples, FL and I was woken up at 2:30 or so this morning by a loud bang. I was pretty sure someone was breaking into the house, I was up for the next hour – should have just come on here to see the news. Not a bad way to be woken up – people flying in from space.

Be safe. God speed!

5. Godfree says:

Almost a good enough unicorn chaser. Thank you, Endeavor.

Just heard a HUGE bang a few minutes ago that sounded like a Cadillac landing on my roof, then googled space shuttle to find this. . . .looks like it entered right around here where i live! –john (of Cape Coral)

7. Jake0748 says:

Yes! The Google Earth tracking thingie was completely awesome. Why’d they have to wait til the 2nd to last flight to come up with it? Too bad.

Xeni, don’t know if I’ve mentioned it before, but thank you so much for your great spaceflight coverage. This space nerd, for one, really appreciates it. :D

Butter smooth landing! WOOT WOOT!!!

9. omnivore says:

I notice that they still have to avoid Cuban airspace.