Moon-rock dealers have a strange affinity for Denny's

16 Responses to “Moon-rock dealers have a strange affinity for Denny's”

1. Ugly Canuck says:

Here’s a link to a song about moon rocks.
    It is called “Moon Rocks”:

2. Caroline says:

Reading this after the Isaac Asimov letter above, I can only think of his short story “The Singing Bell.” Moon rocks and crime…too bad that story doesn’t have a Denny’s involved.

so…I’m not allowed to sell my legitimately acquired moon rock?
    what the hell? its mine dammit! and it has no real value to society, it can’t be used for industrial or medicinal purposes…it isn’t even pretty. It’s just a mildly irradiated lump of aluminum, iron and other random junk.

Just kidding.

4. webmonkees says:

Reminds me of the Rocky & Bullwinkle Upsadasium story arc. Complete with the little space guys walking around a Denny’s.

5. Antinous / Moderator says:

Back when I was in extreme politics, Denny’s is exactly the sort of place that we would have held a secret meeting. Wearing disguises, no less!

• Mister44 says:

What is extreme politics? Do you vote using a half-pipe, or maybe repel from a helicopter? ;o)

Also – they are obviously there for the space themed Moon Over My Hammy.

6. Antinous / Moderator says:

I was in one of the above-ground splinter groups of the WUO.

• abstract_reg says:

This calls for story-time!

• fnc says:

So you were in the Weather Aboveground?

Were the other splinters always counting on you guys to, pool your resources?

Yeah, there’s probably a better one but that’s all I got on a Friday afternoon.

• Antinous / Moderator says:

Splinters are noted for being sharp and trying to get under your skin. Pooling resources would be as likely as the Rome Pope and the Avignon Pope getting together for drinks.

7. Mister44 says:

re: “But the U.S. did give away moon-rock fragments (on plaques) to all U.S. states and most foreign countries in the 1970s…”

IIRC, a Missouri senator who recently retired found his moon rock on a plaque in a stack of papers in his office.

8. irksome says:

Denny’s seems to be frequented by alien space creatures; where’s the mystery?

Denny’s is NOT fast food! Formulatic, institutional food, yes… fast? Um, no. McDonalds? Yup – fast. Denny’s? More than once I’ve had to wait over 30 min for my order… (oh, well – at lest they are open at 3am on a holiday… everyplace else I’d be waiting ~28 hours for my order! lol)

10. gradv says:

Their is a diner in New York I used to frequent called the Moon rock diner that has a rock in a glass case but I don’t think its an actual moon rock. Good French Onion Soup if I remember correctly.

“Here on the moon, our weekends are so advanced, they encompass the entire week.” – Ignignokt