A farewell to Leon Botha from Die Antwoord's Ninja and Yo-Landi

13 Responses to “A farewell to Leon Botha from Die Antwoord's Ninja and Yo-Landi”

1. Major Variola (ret) says:

“We know this is a very strange thing to say, but speaking face to face with Leon sometimes felt like you were having a one on one conversation with God.”

Watch _The man from earth_ it is about
    someone with the opposite of Leon’s problem but similar effect.

I was lucky enough to have spoken to Leon several times via e-mail. While I did not know him personally, I must admit that a death has never upset me so much. A profound soul and a warm heart. I won’t forget you, my friend.

-NZ

3. Tau'ma says:

SPINDLE feat. “DJ Solarize” AKA Leon Botha

4. GrymRpr says:

Sad Leon had to leave us.
    I do wonder about the choice of photos… Leon with a Katana & a masturbating Casper the friendly ghost?!?

• Tau'ma says:

I do wonder about the choice of photos… ” The symbol for Katana

…one cannot strike the phallus, because the phallus, event the real phallus, is a ghost ” Hamlet: Giving Up the Ghost

not attempting to interpret just showing answers found to questions asked.

• dculberson says:

After these 1st zef rap-rave jols Leon became an official member of DIE ANTWOORD family. When we took DIE ANTWOORD’S 1st official band phots and we asked Leon to be in the photos also.

• GrymRpr says:

I was not saying anything about Leon being in the photo’s.
        Just thought it a tad strange that photo was picked to go with the headline.

Sadly… During the mid 70′s My next door neighbors had a child with progeria.
        One of the most heart wrenching things I’ve ever watched.

/Died two days before his tenth birthday.
        //Still think of ya Greg.

Thanks, Xeni for keeping up with Die Antwoord and passing on the news of Botha’s death. Seemed a luminous artist with more talent and thoughts than time. Turns out that was true. Don’t forget to check through Leon’s Flickr stream.

“speaking face to face with Leon sometimes felt like you were having a one on one conversation with God.”
    “There in their presence he was transfigured: his face shone like the sun and his clothes became as dazzling as light.”

7. monkey says:

leon is a gentle soul. the little buddha will be missed, but not forgotten.

8. dole says:

I can’t speak for Leon and maybe I’m off the mark, but it seemed to me that he absolutely lived and breathed hip hop, and I believe that he (and anyone else who does the same) wouldn’t love being remembered exactly as he was in these photos. RIP.

• Xeni Jardin says:

Dole is correct. These guys were his best friends. He was 26 years old, not a child, and these photos represented a moment of great happiness and pride for him. It is how his best friends who loved him very much want to remember him, and that is the best we can do.

9. dole says: