Lego-making machine made of Lego

16 Responses to “Lego-making machine made of Lego”

I thought at first glance that it was a Lego of the machine that destroys everything (but would only destroy Lego versions of everything).

so, can it compile itself?

.~.

3. dagfooyo says:

It’s the lego version of the reprap!

4. styrofoam says:

I thought that the tour these would be handed out would be incredibly awesome to attend. I was wondering why there were only 68 people that’d sign up for a Lego Insider tour.

Then I discovered the ~2,000 USD ticket price, not inclusive of travel. Ahh, yes.

5. Funderful says:

Aaaw… here I thought it’d turn out to be a makerbot made out of Lego, capable of making Lego.

I’m simultaneously disappointed that it’s just a regular Lego kit and overjoyed that I live at a time when the mistake of thinking it more than regular Lego isn’t complete insane fantasy.

This would go great with my Bandai injection molded injection molding machine model.

Yo dawg…

8. penguinchris says:

That’s fantastic. Probably the greatest lego set I’ve seen (though I do also really like the Frank Lloyd Wright ‘Falling Water’ one).

I too, though, would love to see a lego machine that destroys everything lego. “Destroy” in this case could just mean tearing apart the individual bricks. It would, inevitably, self-destruct in the process of destroying other lego models.

9. DoktorH says:

I, for one, welcome our new Lego overlords.

10. oodja says:

Yo Dawg, I heard you like Lego…

11. JProffitt71 says:

This looks amazingly fun! I would have loved this machine as a kid, or similar industrial themed functional sets. What a great way to inspire kids to look into engineering and mechanics. I bet they have those somewhere, and now I want them!

First the brute & humble lego machine press

Then comes the amusing Lego Robots making Lego Copies of themselves.

The first Lego robots are in brick format but then later they evolve into a Mimetic polyalloy at which point we ALL become the target market

I hereby confess that it was I in moments of childish mischief that occasionally put a couple of yellow Lego bricks into the hopper of the injection moulding machine at a Defence contractor in the late 80′s during weekend overtime after the pub lunch…
    I’m sorry my actions caused such mayhem. I’m sorry to the operator who had to strip the machine every time the pretty black moulded connectors it produced suddenly started streaking yellow on a Monday morning. Sorry also to management from shop floor to senior for all the friction caused between your departments during the down time. Sorry to the no less than four industrial engineers whom scratched their heads as to why. Sorry to the quality control engineers as their math and charts failed to predict the failures. Sorry to the supplier of the black ABS pellet stock the machine was normally fed with leading to a revamp of their quality control mechanisms with every shipment to our company visually checked for ‘yellow pellet’ contamination. Sorry I ran out of yellow bricks and started using white.

14. jnob says: