Wikimedia, the foundation that oversees Wikipedia and related projects, is upgrading a lot of its servers, and cycling out some of the old hardware. But rather than selling it or throwing it away, they're donating it to other, worthy projects -- maybe even yours.
Most systems (but possibly not all) have the following specifications:
Server Decommission Donations
* Dual CPU 2.5 GHz
* From 3GB to 24GB of RAM, depending on role.
* Most have 80 GB or larger HDD (some have two hard drives, some drives are 160GB or possibly even 250GB)
If you are interested, please provide the following information in your email to us:
* Registered non-profit name and information.
* Your contact information, including email address, phone number, and relationship with requesting non-profit.
* Information on the non-profit, their charter, mission and goals.
* Shipping address information for a FedEx Ground delivery (i.e., the shipment destination)*
* How the servers will be used. (We like to know and share with folks!)
We just got the Sport model of the EPIKGO hoverboard at my office. Besides being terribly chic, it’s apparently bulletproof.
Ok, it’s not just solar powered. It’s also an anti-theft, waterproof marvel that keeps my phone’s power bar from ever getting into the red.Sure the idea seems obvious now – tuck a gigantic solar powered battery pack into an exposed slot and turn the wearer into a walking energy harvester. Simple maybe, but I didn’t […]
The office I work in is full of things old people buy to make themselves feel young again. I can honestly say that our awesome new toy, The Swagtron T3 Hoverboard, makes me feel very, very old. I’ll explain why later. Swagtron T3 Pros There’s no way to overcharge the battery and that means no […]
DJI is the world’s leading designer and producer of easy-to-fly drones and aerial photography systems. If you’re a drone enthusiast, you want a DJI. If you know absolutely nothing about drones and think they’re weird, if you win a DJI you’re going to become a drone enthusiast.Enter this giveaway (for free, yes) and you’ll get a […]
Although there will never be a consensus about the best way to make coffee, any coffee connoisseur will agree that controlling the grind of your beans and balancing water temperature are the keys to a tasty cup. Since your plastic coffee pot doesn’t really allow for that kind of customization, going back to the French […]