Where @LulzSec came from, who's running it, and why #antisec is a big deal

16 Responses to “Where @LulzSec came from, who's running it, and why #antisec is a big deal”

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/927c6f6c-9cfa-11e0-8678-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1Q2RsEetN Try this link to the international version instead to bypass registration crap

2. jjsaul says:

It is worth reading for information more detailed than I’ve seen anywhere else. I’d infer the author has seen some IRC logs of internal discussions about organization, including the handoff of the twitter feed from who has been doing it to one a little less noisy and more defensive. Googling the headline worked just fine in three clicks.

3. Scatter says:

Or google “Hackers gain force from new media” and you should be taken through to the story.

Thanks for trying Anon and Scatter, but I couldn’t get through to the content. :(

5. dole says:

Different ID… I Googled the headline, picked the second link, and it came up. Was going to copy/pastebin the text but foundt he alternate ID. Not sure if it’ll work for int’l, but hopefully it’ll work…

6. dole says:

Sorry for the double, but this link may work if the first one doesn’t. Mods, feel free to consolidate/edit at will.

7. Spider says:

> Copyright The Financial Times Limited 2011. You may share using our article tools. Please don’t cut articles from FT.com and redistribute by email or post to the web.

Hahahaha. “Please do not share, use the broken tools that prevent you from sharing!” They really do not _want_ us to read the article, do they? After trying multiple times and giving up, I read it on the pastebin dump, against their wishes.

Maybe I should have just given up instead, like they wanted me to?

8. knoxblox says:

I’m starting to think the original-style punk anti-establishmentarianism of the 70′s/80′s has shifted from music as a medium to computers as a medium today.

9. noah django says:

CNBC link works just fine

or, you know, the pastebin. Honestly, though, I didn’t really learn anything new in this article. Lulzsec homepage was more informative.

To get the article, just google the headline (“Hackers gain force from new media”) and click the news link. Apparently as long as Google is the referrer, they don’t block you.

(Hat tip to bugmenot.com for this info)

Though, I wonder how ‘We were doing this to show up the weaknesses in internet security’ holds up now that Lulzsec have supposedly been hacked themselves?

At the very least, it makes it all very post-modern.

Gah – none of the above links are working for me without forcing registration, even just googling the headline isn’t. Halp!

13. schreist says: