Fight Shrub

17 Responses to “Fight Shrub”

The address on the card – Eastwood Road, London, E18 1BN is a valid one according to google maps. I’ve never been to that part of London though.

2. nehoccramcire says:

For a moment there, the link under this post was to the Minuteman missile flare video http://vimeo.com/25743686, making ‘Fight Shrub’ a much more mysterious title for a blog post.

Still, Monty Python takes the piss like no one else can!

3. haineux says:

Myself, I found THIS mashup skillful and charming.

• Anonymous says:

“There has, for a very long time, an Internet backlash against Monty Python, partially fueled by the fact that the group “ceased to be” long before most of the people quoting them were born.”

Curious. Do these backlashers refer to spam as ‘unsolicited commercial email’? Do they refuse to use Google or any other site that uses the language Python? (No, it’s not named after the snake.) Claiming that there is an internet backlash against Monty Python is like complaining that Shakespeare’s writing is full of cliches. (You may know of Shakespeare, although he ‘ceased to be’ long before we were born.)

The Internet was built by Monty Python fans. Backlash away. But off my lawn, please.

• IWood says:

The fuck are you talking about? There’s *one* XKCD cartoon about that.

• Anonymous says:

And that XKCD comic was complaining about imitating Monty Python through quotes rather than in their spontaneity, which is not even critical of the original material.

• Nocterro says:

I know it’s a common sentiment, but that XKCD comic really rankled.

To me it came across as a person who works hard to be original, creative, and funny saying that if you’re not original like him, you’re not funny.

Personally I don’t find it any less funny if the person repeating the joke didn’t make it up. And yes, the Python’s are over-quoted, but the quotes still amuse me.

4. subhan says:

That’s the drawback with mashups. It lets you take two things that are awesome, and make them both suck.

• thekinginyellow says:

if you don’t like it, get off of the internets.

personally i found this to be creative and entertaining. i love mpathg and fc thus i loved this mashup. well done!

5. Glippiglop says:

I love the extra touch of the silly business card.

ROGER & ROGER: SHRUBS AND SHRUBBERIES

ROGER THE SHRUBBER
    (SHRUBBER)

But, but, but … he’s violating the “First Rule of Fight Shrub”. You know what it is. Go ahead … say it.

Hilarious, though I can’t decide if the business card is just silly or a quiet shoutout to the American Psycho business cards.

This reminds me of the scene in Gilliam’s masterpiece ‘Brazil’ in which DeNiro’s charismatic answer man Harry Tuttle introduces himself to Jonathan Price’s flummoxed (and, it turns out, also multi-faceted) Sam Lowry. I don’t think any were shrubberies involved, but ducts (ducts) were well represented!

What’s this about a Python backlash? Good gawd, how pointless.

I enjoyed it. I very nearly LOL’d at work.

If you’re violating the “First Rule of Fight Shrub” then you’re also violating the “Second Rule of Fight Shrub”!

11. -v- says:

I dunno, I thought that was funny. But then again, I’m three pints in.