Vintage photo filter actions for Photoshop

8 Responses to “Vintage photo filter actions for Photoshop”

BungaDunga: Try GIMP free photo manipulation software

Mr. Beschizza, Have you combed through any of the actions, brushes, or patterns on deviantart.com?
    They are in the category: Resources and Stock Images>Application Resources. http://browse.deviantart.com/resources/applications/
    BungaDunga there are GIMP categories in there as well.

There are a lot of great actions in there. And I’ve had fun dissecting the actions to learn how to create similar techniques and in some cases to modify and make them my own.

2. JonStewartMill says:

Maybe they don’t have a Polaroid camera, or maybe they don’t fancy paying $1 or more per exposure.

3. BungaDunga says:

Oh thank goodness, now all I need to do is go buy Photoshop, cuz that’s cheap.

Damm Kopiright

[... for people who can't afford Instragram], but can afford Photoshop.

6. mccrum says:

Am I the only guy who who wonders why everyone doesn’t just take photos with Polaroids instead? I like Polaroids and Holgas and my 5Dii and understand that they have different uses and qualities but don’t really get the filters that would make one look like the other.

Of course I’ve never understood the “watercolor” filters and the like that came with Photoshop in the first place either, I’m just probably not the target market for this kind of thing…

• stygyan says:

I don’t use the watercolor effects, not really. But they can be useful sometimes – textures, for example.