Love letter found 53 years late

23 Responses to “Love letter found 53 years late”

Nice comments. I can’t figure out why and how this incident picked up so much traction???? I can tell you this from personal experience, Muhammad Siddeeq is a great guy! I hope this little letter thing hitting the net like this doesn’t become a burden on anyone involved.

This is just one of many, many examples why you shouldn’t trust the USPS with anything of value.

Isn’t it illegal to open other peoples mail.

4. jfrancis says:

Strawberry letter 24

1958 is ancient?

for some reason i’m kinda pissed that they opened the letter. 53 years old, but still someone else’s mail! #stickler

This is a touching story. Although, I do have a problem with a few things. One, these postal workers opened the letter. I don’t think they should be doing that. Two, if it was sent in 1958 then the postage is incorrect and it should be returned to sender but that is not romantic. Lastly, these folks need to clean up their office more often. Who knows what is sitting around in there. Other than that this would be a heart warming story if they delivered the letter.

I’m curious as to why they opened and read the letter instead of just attempting to deliver it.

9. quickbrownfox says:

I don’t understand this. Just because it was delivered 50 years late, they can open it and report its contents as news? The article said that they knew where the guy lived. They should have delivered the letter to him first and then asked him if they could quote from it for the article.

10. semiotix says:

Hee hee! Looks like the Post Office is about to wreck someone’s 54-year marriage!

Hello! The reason for the title “ancient” is because it wasn’t sent last week. I think anything mailed and not delivered ontime is ancient (with in a month- reasonably). So to find a letter years old should be ancient. I am not a teenager while making this statement. Stop being so dang touchy. Everyone is soo easily offended – knock it off and get a life! If you are reading this my sibling and mother were both born before the dates mentioned. They agree chill out! They should have cleaned up and figured this out long ago!

Nope. Recipient was found. He did marry the sender, then divorced her 8 years later. Cute story…

13. yokimon says:

Looks like they found the guy who this letter was addressed to. The couple married, had 4 kids, got divorced, and he converted to Islam and changed his name.

(California state teachers college is a deceiving name for a college, My brain went strait to the CSU system here in California.)

Isn’t it illegal to open someone else’s mail? Felony, I believe.

15. Mithras says:

Someone check my math. If Mr. Moore was a college junior in 1958, he’d be about 21, making him born in 1929?

If so, I found a Clark C. Moore born in 1929 living in Florida. I’m sending the university spokeswoman his info.

16. Waltb555 says:

Hey, who you calling ancient? I was born in 1950 and I sure don’t consider myself ancient.

17. Felton / Moderator says:

Looks like Amélie is at it again.