Bride's mugshot photo (complete with veil)

11 Responses to “Bride's mugshot photo (complete with veil)”

1. Donald Petersen says:

Perhaps the stolen identity was meant to serve as her “something borrowed.”

2. Antinous / Moderator says:

Wouldn’t it would be prudent to put a locator device on an out-of-state criminal who’s demonstrated an ability to change identities and a propensity to skedaddle? That’s like giving the car keys back to a drunk driver after he pays his bail.

This is depressing in so many ways …

4. Brainspore says:

At least the state will be paying for her bridal suite.

• Donald Petersen says:

“Conjugal Honeymoon.” I await the TV movie.

If she doesn’t come back, I look forward to seeing this photo on the bulletin board in my post office. Nice to get some variety.

5. facetedjewel says:

She been accused of identity theft, not convicted.

It least she wasn’t arrested until after the wedding, turning what should have been one of the happiest days of her life into doo-doo.

I give her points for beating the odds. Statistically, the odds of a 53 year old woman getting to marry for the first time, or the last, is very low.

• IronEdithKidd says:

There’s a lot of aging divorced Boomers out there for the pickin’, though. Serial marriage isn’t unheard of in that generation, either.

• facetedjewel says:

The odds are much better for men than women.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/13/fashion/13genb.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&sq=In Her 50s, Looking for Love&st=cse&adxnnl=1&scp=1&adxnnlx=1311263897-ZoTqWzJ4h/t/TVMnt0uVXw

• Donald Petersen says:

We have four guys who did it twice, one woman who did it thrice, one guy who did it five times, and one woman who married nine times. All of the surviving first marriages belong to women in my family (sisters and aunts).

Was this La Hinton’s first nuptials?

• facetedjewel says:

‘Well, when it comes to serial marriage (in my family, at least), the women do okay.’

How many of them married again after the age of fifty?, and before you answer that, I’d point out that if the women in your family are anything like you, they’d make terrific mates. I’m confident of that assertion and I haven’t even met them…but we’re talking about the general populace – not just the attractive Petersen clan – where the possibility of marriage or remarriage skews heavily toward men. (Over in my family we have a lot of Divorced Single Ladies. All the divorced men remarried).

‘Was this La Hinton’s first nuptials?’

It didn’t say but I did wonder if it wasn’t her last.

6. Deidzoeb says:

Yay, Jackson in the news for something other than violent crime or unemployment! Last story we had as fun as this was the stripper accused of lactating directionally at a customer (assault charges were dropped).