Photography-themed Rube Goldberg machine

11 Responses to “Photography-themed Rube Goldberg machine”

1. David Horton says:

Thanks. Apparently business has been a little slow for them. Fortunately for us!

2. Dan Stuart says:

Anyone think those four little figures at 2:37 are a reference to Ok Go?

• Tom Roose says:

Probably, also I think there is also another reference to a famous Rube Goldberg machine at that point (more obscure perhaps).
      The fly-wheel, or ratchet being used at that point looks like (and makes an incredibly similar sound to) the one used at the very beginning of a famous Honda advert.

3. Ramone says:

There seems to be a couple of things in that video that are more than meets the eye.

4. Art says:

That’s a masterpiece.
    The timing… the sounds… Fantastic!!!

5. zombiebob says:

Wow. I had on my surprised and pleasantly bemused look while watching this. I really can’t imagine the process that leads to the finished project. In terms of time, creativity, and frustration tolerance.

6. andy craig says:

there is something obscene about all of that equipment.

7. Gulliver says:

Noticing the many photos of the model lady on the computer screen before the one taken during the video, I wonder how many times this did not go as planned :)

Also, noticing the four wooden dolls with paint cannons, I can’t help but wonder if that was a nod to this video:

I love Rube Goldberg machines. Their like conspicuous consumption for brainy people.

Yay! HTML works for me again :D

8. catgrin says:

Terrific! As a Purdue grad, Rube Goldberg machines have a sweet spot in my heart. This was really a nicely done one! Great pacing, creative use of themed objects, and overall it was just totally fun to watch! (I’d still love to see an outtake reel to see what parts of the machine were hanging up on previous takes.)

9. Javier Candeira says:

Unfortunately the video is also a promo for one of those disgusting penny auctions site. Beautiful like anthrax spores seen through an electron microscope…

10. Trey Roady says:

The “paint cannon” figures *have* to be an OK Go reference. I love it.