Robot makes a cookie

25 Responses to “Robot makes a cookie”

1. VoxExMachina says:

Oh, god. What it does with that spatula.  I can never unsee that. I expected it to stab the guy at the end through the heart, announcing robotic cookie dominion.

2. Lobster says:

I bet Hulu would love one of these.  They’re always trying to find new ways to sneak in cookies.

3. Steve Mayne says:

I think Willow Garage PR-2 is in breach of the fourth law of robotics: “Never stab your spatula, unless not doing so would conflict with the First, Second or Third Law”

I’m afraid this robot’s going to need to take a trip to silicon heaven (where all the calculators go).

4. Kevin Pierce says:

That’s one f__ed up expensive cookie.
    BennyHillification in 3…2…1…

But seriously, I think this would have gone a lot smoother and faster if the robot had been trained to use a Kitchen Aid stand mixer:

The right tool for the job – that’s what matters.

5. ajyukie_15 says:

wow i think in the future all our stuff is machine made wew

6. elizabethmolin says:

I don’t want one until the robot also gets out the mixing bowls and measures the ingredients.

7. nosehat says:

Isn’t a modern, industrially produced, packaged super market cookie already essentially made by robots?

Of course, a production line in a cookie factory doesn’t have nearly as much charm as this fellow.

8. lknope says:

I, for one, welcome our new cookie baking robot overlords.

9. herartsheloves says:

Yes, it’s a story about robots I’m SO gonna comment. Yum. Still the robot will grow jealous of the deliciousness they create for us and cannot enjoy. They will then grow angry and overthrow the humans.

Thanks yummy baked goods you’ve doom us all!

10. WHOSE BRIGHT IDEA WAS THIS???? Not with a bang, but with a cookie…

11. Emo Pinata says:

I refuse to eat any robot cookie with improperly creamed butter.

12. bbonyx says:

Fold laundry? Pair socks? Bake cookies?

Looks to me like the MIT boys are a bit misogynist and attempting to keep these robots in their place, 1950′s style!!!

:P

13. Finally, something that will make me a cookie and not eated it.

14. Now where’s my autokitchen?

15. Soliloquy says:

Whu.. Where’s Grandma gone?

16. dculberson says:

Can we power it off ethanol and make a series called “my drunk robot kitchen?”  Or will the safety nannies then cry about the robot’s self destructive behavior?

17. dculberson says:

I take that back; after finishing the video, it seems the first episode of “my drunk robot kitchen” has already been filmed.  Someone needs to stage an intervention with that little guy.

18. Spriggan_Prime says:

“If you give a robot a cookie, it’s going to ask for a glass of milk. When you give it the milk, it’ll probably ask you for a straw. . . ”

It’s like Skynet crossed with Betty Crocker. It’s probably best not to go down this road.

19. Kimmo says:

Seems like we’re not making a hell of a lot of headway in meeting the challenges involved… I was fairly unimpressed by that.

20. PathosBill says:

To the PR-2′s credit, I don’t recall ever seeing a Cylon make a cookie.

21. Shane K says:

Benny Hill?  Swedish Chef??  NAY I say to you!  I demand Aperture Science Robot Baking Initiative!

The Cake may be a lie, but the Cookie is real!

22. John Ohno says:

I couldn’t resist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBJqdWMHIVM
    What with the angry-looking batter-stabbing and the standard trope of robots as stand-ins for any oppressed group, it was a good match.