A little bit of exercise could have big benefits

11 Responses to “A little bit of exercise could have big benefits”

1. RJ says:

That’s why I got some burlap pajamas; so I’ll roll around in bed a little more than I used to. I’ll be peaking in no time.

2. GreenJello says:

A little bit of exercise could have big benefits

But ONLY if you NEVER sit down again!  :)

3. Evan G. says:

My rats are going to be so happy when I tell them this news.

4. PapayaSF says:

I can attest to this. The idea of going to the gym for an hour at a time never appealed to me, so I started doing pushups once or twice a day about four months ago. At first I could only do five in a row, but gradually worked my way up to 25 at a time. This takes maybe five minutes a day, and my arms and chest are in visibly better shape. Not bad for an old fogey.

5. grimc says:

Well hooray for rats. Too bad I’m a sloth.

6. clpolk says:

I’ve felt better since I started riding my bike everywhere I go. it’s apparently less physically demanding than walking, but the action is so easy i bike distances i would never walk so I get more exercise.

7. Ox317 says:

Finally—a WORTHWHILE animal experiment!

8. querent says:

SEXX MOARRR1!!!1!!!1

9. CastanhasDoPara says:

Indeed, I started with one new action a day, pushup, pullup, situp, etc. One at a time, and increased, n+1, distributed amongst my new actions. And today, about 6 months later, I look buff as hell. Shit I might even be able to take on Chuck Norris now.

10. pambamboo says:

What the hell is an “infection-induced memory deficit” which is what this research is specifically (and narrowly) about?  Maybe should have mentioned that part too, Maggie.

11. GatoRanch says:

The second I read anything that involves animals tests I lose all interest… and respect for the data.

Test people, not rats. That’s the only way this could even apply to humans.