Blood types and pseudoscience in Japan

14 Responses to “Blood types and pseudoscience in Japan”

1. Canadian Blood Services use this bit of racist propaganda to encourage donations.

They’re very proud of their “What’s you Type?” campaign.

2. bob d says:

Sadly this (yet again) proves that in the absence of actual differences that people can use to discriminate against each other, people will make some up.

3. Jon Abrams says:

The Ottawa Skeptics blogged about the Canadian Blood Services’ promotion of this ridiculous pseudoscience: http://www.ottawaskeptics.org/topics/alternative-medicine/268-canadian-blood-services-promotes-pseudoscience

4. Jonathan Badger says:

That Canadian Blood Services thing really is abhorrent. My impression is that most Japanese *know* it’s silly, but it’s just a bit of fun like horoscopes, but having it on the Blood Services webpage makes it look as if it has actual science behind it.

5. Tarliman says:

Hm. I’m B-Pos. Maybe that’s why I was so long between jobs. Couldn’t be the economy being in the bin could it?

• Antinous / Moderator says:

Hm. I’m B-Pos. Maybe that’s why I was so long between jobs.

I don’t know my blood type. Maybe that explains why I have no personality.

6. bbonyx says:

Ahhhh, so that explains the spec listings on jappydolls, av-girl.nfo and sleepyjohn! Always wondered that. Good to know.

No, it isn’t the fever… after this long, it’s the plague.

7. Guest says:

…….

8. Guest says:

comment edit fail. mdhatter reading fail, insult fail,

oh well.

9. bluetwinkle says:

On the other hand, westerners also commonly talk of “type A/B personality”. Asians (Chinese people do that too, not just Japanese) just happen to link it to blood types.