Happy Hot Dog Man

28 Responses to “Happy Hot Dog Man”

1. Space Zombie says:

Ahh.  The ubiquitous black and white shot with the sad horn “wah wah wah”.  Always a welcome addition to any paid ad.  All it needed was the circle with the line through it to REALLY drive home that the hot dog you’ve always loved takes away years of fun from your life.

2. Space Zombie says:

Well, I just made a big mistake. I just showed this to my 4 1/2 year old son.

3. Peter Swimm says:

Finally! I’ve been searching for a fun way to get kids to eat more hot dogs for a long time.

4. kP says:

Operators are standing by…. IN HELL!

5. Jon Schwartz says:

what the heck is going on with the hot dog at 0:39 ?  Those 2 bananas or whatever and the pretzels.

6. Sam Ley says:

Looks like a tiny Iron Maiden… If this doesn’t get your Hot Dog Men talking, nothing will.

7. Chloramphenicol says:

My friends with kids have been making these for years with just a paring knife.  Kudos to whomever thought to build a unitasker for doing the same thing (and (maybe?) make money off of it).

8. sagodjur says:

So I can spend $10.99 for something I can do just as easily with a knife for the one time that the experience will be a novelty.

Then again the only hot dogs I eat nowadays are the 50 cent IKEA hot dogs while my wife is looking for the next piece of puzzle furniture for me to assemble.

9. Andy Lester says:

Clearly this company is nowhere near Chicago, because mentioning “hot dog” and “ketchup” in the same sentence is a felony.

• Rich Keller says:

Yeah, no one over the age of 9 should be putting ketchup on a hotdog. I thought the Happy Hot Dog Man looked like the Golem of Prague or some robot from a Crash Corrigan serial.

10. Well, that’s the dumbest thing I’ve seen today. And the day’s early yet. Sigh.

11. mellowknees says:

Now I want to see the anti-hot-dog-man tool because with those legs and arms sticking out, how is it supposed to fit in a bun? wah wah waaaaahhhh…..

• Brainspore says:

Sounds like you need the BunSuit Maker! ($10.95 + S&H)

12. RobDobbs says:

What a coincidence, I just bought the mustard/ketchup caps this weekend.

13. David Neil says:

Showed this to my kids and my son’s response was “Well that’s just stupid.  Who really makes the bored face when they get hot dogs for dinner?”

14. Brainspore says:

I love that they ship you a set of four just in case your entire family needs to make hot dog men at exactly the same time. “Synchronize wieners… NOW!”

15. endymion says:

So many things to say… I’ll restrict myself to:

It’s sort of confusing that the “Happy Hot Dog Man” is the device itself, instead of the output. They should really be selling a “Happy Hot Dog Man Machine”.

This actually reminds me of what happens in math class when we talk about “the function x^2″. We’re confusing the machine (the function that converts a number to its square) with its output (the square).

It all comes back to math! :)

16. BurlVeneer says:

Reminds me of the dancing squid post from a few weeks ago.

17. jackman5 says:

I think this guy was on that Shark Tank show. for some reason it seems really familiar.

18. David Cason says:

These “happy hot dog men” look suspiciously like minions of Cthulhu.

Also, the Ketchup Kritter appears to be vomiting blood on your food. I don’t even want to think about what the Mustard Monster is spewing out his nose.

19. Jean-Luc Turbo says:

Who doesn’t want a “Ketchup Kritter” barfing on their food? These would be much better for Creamy Italian salad dressing…

20. pjcamp says:

You can make the hot dog man into a girl? How happy can he be? Should kids really know how to do that?

21. ill lich says:

“WOW, it still tastes like over-spiced liquified hog rectums, but it LOOKS like. . . well . . . kinda like a human figure, what an improvement!  And don’t get me started on how much I enjoy mustard better when it comes out the nostrils of a cartoonish ghoul!  Next up, a buttocks attachment to put over your relish jar– just “pinch one out” over your hot dog man!  Great family fun!”