Tour of a fake vomit factory

26 Responses to “Tour of a fake vomit factory”

1. And they say American manufacturing is dead…

2. Brainspore says:

It occurs to me that if someone actually vomited in that facility, others might have a difficult task locating the source of the stench. It would be like Will Smith trying to flush out the imposter in “I, Robot.”

3. Guest says:

Vomit is never that perfect, that spherical.  It’s fake fake vomit.

4. Dang.  You beat me to it.  I was going to say “if someone vomits in the fake vomit factory, how would anyone find it?”  But I didn’t have a witty comparison to the Fresh Prince.

5. frankieboy says:

My buddy had this when we were in second grade, and it was the epitome of wit and sophistication.
    But who would think there is such a call for it that there’s a whole factory, uh, churning it out?
    In third grade the ante was upped to fake dog crap; perhaps a feature on the retooling process would be in order?
    In sixth grade a guy had a small volume with a silver cover, with the inscription “Nudes of The World”. The curious boy (all of us) opening the book, was rewarded with a pretty powerful electric shock, supplied by a 9 volt battery wired to that silver cover

6. MooseDesign says:

I find myself attracted more to the packaging for these sort of gag gifts which appears to have all been frozen in time, with the illustrations created entirely by the Mad Magazine lineup of illustrators.

7. Guest says:

Looks like a real factory to me.

8. Navin_Johnson says:

This is like a 10 minute drive from me.  It’s amazing and now sad to think about how much stuff was once made in this town.  There’s a roller skate factory, next to a sticker factory, next to a guitar factory, next to a candy factory…..  sigh.  It’s good to see that they’re still at it.  I don’t know how they could compete with another company if they decided to manufacture something similar in China etc..

9. CJR says:

Someone’s dream job: Fake Vomit Quality-Control Inspector

10. MDwebguy says:

These novelty factories make me wanna puke!

11. semiotix says:

I make my own fake vomit, thank you very much. I’ve posted an Instructable about it and I’ll be happy to put people in touch with my suppliers, who are all local artisans.

Don’t waste your money lining the pockets of Big Barf.

12. ankus says:

I give you the scene from Toys: http://movieclips.com/UuFBd-toys-movie-fake-vomit-room/

13. awjt says:

Those things look like cookies on a cookie sheet!  Actually somewhat appealing!  Yum!

14. nunya says:

Why go fake when you’ve got a finger and a throat?

15. Phikus says:

When I need fake vomit, I just saunter on down to the Puke-a-rama™.  Mmmmm.  Now that’s a heaving that’s worth believing!

16. Teller says:

“Whattya think.”
    “I dunno. More peas.”

17. CharredBarn says:

I don’t understand how fake vomit sells. Real vomit is not only funnier, it’s freakin’ FREE.

• CognitiveDissident says:

Yes, real vomit is much funnier, except there’s always one party pooper that doesn’t see the humour of the situation.

• CharredBarn says:

Yeah, people who are into party pooping usually are too snobby to admit they also like prank-puking. Kind of like that whole dumb Apple Fan/Windows Fan thing.

18. Art says:

My puppy, Dory, has that beat!

19. Tom Conner says:

It’s not a Minkman.

20. John Juan says:

I have a factory that builds miniature models of fake vomit factories…