Guns made of meat

18 Responses to “Guns made of meat”

1. David Rowley says:

Guns don’t kill people, meat kills people.

2. Either way it’s a waste of food.

But seriously?  Justifying the death of an animal so you can make a fake gun out of its flesh?  This guy needs to be in a hospital.

3. Lobster says:

Ah, I see they’re showing off the BigMAC-10.

4. David Rowley says:

The meat for this gun was made from an amputated limb resulting from an unfortunate auto accident. The cow survived, and the lost limb has a new life in art.

5. nosehat says:

“They’re made out of meat.””Meat?””Meat. They’re made out of meat.””Meat?””There’s no doubt about it. We picked several from different parts ofthe planet, took them aboard our recon vessels, probed them all the waythrough. They’re completely meat.”

6. Mister44 says:

“Meatwad make the money see
    Meatwad get the honeys G
    Drivin’ in my car livin like a star
    Ice on my fingers and my toes and I’m a Taurus”

7. Peter Kisner says:

Brings to mind Jude Law assembling a functional pistol from the carcass of his rather disgusting dinner special.

8. bkad says:

You beat me to it, Nathan. It’s bad enough that so many of us eat it, but using meat for an art supply is utterly irresponsible.

I’m sure it is supposed to be controversial, in some artsy way. It is like “piss jesus” for vegetarians. Your anger is part of the point. Or something. I don’t claim to understand artistic motivations. But being offended by art, or criticizing art because it is offensive, has not historically made any difference whatsoever in what artists do.

9. mkultra says:

What’s the title, “Meat is Murder”?

As far as it being a “waste”… if you view art as a waste, then yes. It’s a waste. As would be any painting or sculpture. Have any idea how much energy goes into one cast bronze sculpture? The carbon footprint of a single piece of welded stainless steel? The effort and work made to source pigments for paints? The fur for the sable brushes used to paint them?

Every grocery store in the country throws out more meat than this every single day because of spoilage, and yet where’s the outrage?

10. Antinous / Moderator says:

It’s the Speaking Gun.

11. Huwman says:

I think we all know the old cliche about the alleged artists’ pickup line involving etchings, but “come upstairs and I’ll show you my meat gun” has got to be a REAL tough sell.

12. Tim Drage says:

LONG LIVE THE NEW FLESH

13. DewiMorgan says:

I really didn’t see those as radishes. In the large pic, though, I can see it.

I am relieved.

14. Devil Doll says:

Somewhere, my father is weeping with joy.