The MIT Chorallaries perform "The Engineers' Drinking Song"

17 Responses to “The MIT Chorallaries perform "The Engineers' Drinking Song"”

1. EH says:

The most amazing thing is how they were able to simulate audio-video desyncronization.

• Chris Peterson says:

yeah, sorry about that :(

for some reason the audio/video didn’t go completely in sync. as for the levels and such, this was just something they did for admitted students which we filmed in the audience.

<3 chorallaries

2. Warren_Terra says:

Talented people singing a funny song is always good, and they seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Still, to nitpick, they really should have used more than one mike and adjusted the levels, because the tum-te-tum-te-tum often drowned out actual lyrics.

• SamSam says:

Huh, I counted at least six mikes, so I’d say they had that part right.

As for the levels, well, getting a bunch of mikes wired up is a fun engineering problem, and that big board with the sliders is really fun, but no one ever said they had an ear, I guess. :)

• Sam_Sonite says:

Those things on stands pointed toward the singers are microphones (mics), same for the suspended in the air on booms.  Just sayin

3. slippy0 says:

Go MIT :)

I see a few of my friends in there. Shout out to Ricky for being the sassiest singer I know.

4. Adolph Marx says:

Wow, such a pale bunch! ;)

5. Drew Beechum says:

It wouldn’t be the Engineer’s Drinking song if it weren’t NSFW!

6. SamSam says:

I must say, I don’t quite understand the line “MIT was MIT when Harvard was a pup.”

Given that MIT was founded in 1861, it would seem as if Harvard was already about 200 years old when MIT was born.

Maybe they mean something else?

7. evanberkowitz says:

An artist and an engineer once found a gallon can.
    The artist said “Match me drink for drink, let’s see if you’re a man!”
    They drank three drinks, the artist fell, his face was turning green,
    The engineer drank on and said “It’s only gasoline!”

My father pedals opium, my mother’s on the dole,
    My sister used to walk the streets but now she’s on parole,
    My brother runs a restaurant with bedrooms in the rear,
    but they won’t even talk to me, ’cause I’m an engineer!

Princeton’s run by Wellesley, and Wellesley’s run by Yale
    Yale is run by Vassar, and Vassar’s run by tail.
    Harvard’s run by stiff pricks, the kind you raise by hand.
    But MIT’s run by engineers, the finest in the land.

8. Noodle says:

Hmm.. That’s not the engineers song I know, it involves a large metal wheel..

9. maryr says:

Needs less noodley singing, more verses!  More verses!

10. blue balaclava says:

And it’s nice to know that the proud engineer tradition of sexism and homophobia’s being passed on to the next generation….

11. Joshua Jung says:

HOLY CRAP. I just stumbled upon this, and I went to high school with one of them. Haven’t talked in like 2 years! AHHH