Thunder(LOL)Cats

19 Responses to “Thunder(LOL)Cats”

1. walter davis says:

so weird that internet culture has so thoroughly pervaded mainstream culture. then again, the two are becoming congruous

2. semiotix says:

Heh heh…

…samoflange.

3. racerabbit says:

Oh yes, that made my day.

4. Evil Paul says:

Wow, that was about 100 times better than I was expecting.

5. Chevan says:

Sorry, purely referential humor does nothing for me.

Don’t just regurgitate memes at me, do something NEW with them. Referencing as many memes as you can doesn’t make it funny, it just means you don’t have an actual joke.

If I wanted lolcat jokes and reaction images, I have folders and folders of them I could browse through. Watching that was like listening to someone describe image macros they saw on tumblr.

• Cornan_KotW says:

The joke was the juxtaposition of internet memes (specifically lolcats) with the old Thundercats cartoon (or the newer reboot). THAT’S the joke. The individual references were the carrying out of that joke.

It’s fine if you didn’t find it funny but to say that there’s no joke there is just missing the point completely.

• Chevan says:

“The individual references were the carrying out of that joke.”

Sorry, not convinced. The video was just throwing memes at the wall to see what stuck.  If they had put actual effort to incorporating the memes into the video, I would agree with you with respect to the juxtaposition.

But as it stands, the memes are so divorced from the rest of the video you could cut them out and not notice. They had musical stings announcing a caption. The entire action of a scene paused so a Creeper could reference a tired Minecraft meme.

If juxtaposition is the entire joke, that’s a terrible joke.

6. Egypt Urnash says:

In 2041, this is going to be just as delightfully meaningless as Bugs Bunny cartoons are now.

7. bcsizemo says:

Wow I don’t think the phrase laughing out loud as been more exact then at this moment…

8. gwailo_joe says:

Ahh I needed that.  Narwhals….is there anything they can’t do??

(ok…walk)  Still,

Love love love ‘em.

9. tron 2147 says:

Bugs Bunny is still funny.

10. 10xor01 says:

Teh Thundercats r kewl…but needz more Snarf!

11. @google-4dd129042e4d55a5ce1fd7a935bca886:disqus  thats because Bugs Bunny is genius.

12. skyhawk1 says:

I needed a good chuckle.  Nice work.

13. AsteriskCGY says:

Well I liked it.

14. noah django says:

How did I know Nyan Cat would save the day?  It may have been a substitute for actually writing OC, but I admit I lol’d.

It’s not exactly a secret that the adult swim dudes are channers.  There were startled threads years ago the instant they used Courage Wolf in a station ID.