A large handwritten poster (purportedly) from a laid-off employee of the defunct bookselling chain Borders entitled "Things we never told you: Ode to a bookstore death," reveals several key truths of bookselling (and some cranky griping):
Things we never told you: Ode to a bookstore death
• We hate when a book becomes popular simply because it was turned into a movie.
• We greatly dislike the phrase "Quick Question." It's never true. And everyone seems to have one.
• We always knew when you were intently reading Better Homes and Gardens, it was really a hidden Playboy.
• It NEVER bothered us when you threatened to shop at Barnes & Noble. We'd rather you do if you're putting up a stink.
• "I was just here last week and saw this book there" meant nothing to us. The store changed once a week.
• Oprah was not the "final say" on what is awesome. We really didn't care what was on her show or what her latest book club book was. Really.
A handy guide from Chartlike Charts, whose return from its hiatus is both welcome and overdue.
Oakland-based designer and illustrator Peabe just dropped this hilarious take of Trump and Pence as Beavis and Butt-Head. Peabe has some other good ones, like this reimagining of Radio Rahim from Do the Right Thing as Megatron holding Soundwave If you’d like to encourage more of this sort of thing, stop by Peabe’s site and […]
Q: What’s E.T. short for? A: His legs aren’t very long. (modified from /r/jokes)
Making people aware of goods and services in the digital age requires an array of new strategies from social media and email to number-crunching tools like Google Analytics. To get a handle on the techniques used to capture attention and convert traffic into dollars in a crowded online environment, the Full-Stack Marketer Bundle offers 22 hours of training to get […]
Having a luxurious bed isn’t just a fairy tale from a catalog; it is a real, affordable possibility with offerings like this Olive+Owen bedroom set. If you’re thinking of doing some “spring cleaning”, this bed set is an easy way to completely upgrade your room in one purchase.This 20-piece collection has all of the expected slumberland elements, […]
Python is immensely popular in the data science world for the same reason it is in most other areas of computing—it has highly readable syntax and is suitable for anything from short scripts to massive web services. One of its most exciting, newest applications, however, is in machine learning. You can dive into this booming […]