David Lynch's solo album

17 Responses to “David Lynch's solo album”

1. dw_funk says:

Something tells me this isn’t going to be the next great “doing it” song of the 2010s.

2. Hahah it’s just so horrible.

3. ahmacrom says:

I wonder still what Return of the Jedi would have been under his helm. Hey !  We got Dune though…

4. Jeff Hume says:

Sounds like Neil Young on bad acid trip.At first I thought the vocal ruined some otherwise cool instrumentals, but by the end I found it strangely compelling. Listened a few more times.

5. Cowicide says:

Pressed Play
    Liked
    Heard “Singing”
    Pressed Stop

6. Smart E Pantz says:

I certainly hope Lynch understands and appreciates how lucky he is to have such excellent hair at his age.

7. nolanvoid says:

Sometimes I feel like David Lynch is the greatest fucking troll of all time.

8. Frank W says:

It’s Crazy Clown Time, obviously. If you would have let me guess who it was, I would have said Butthole Surfers.

Oh well, i think Lynch and Gibby have a few things in common. They’re both true American surrealists and true masters of trollcraft. Two of the scariest clowns around.

9. the lamb. the wolf.
    HURZ!!
    on the green meadows, the lamb.
    ein lurch lugt hervor.

10. flosofl says:

It’s even more incomprehensible than his movies!

Actually, I tend to enjoy music that’s edgy, experimental and explorative. This is none of that. I’m hearing nothing here that hasn’t been done by others (and better at that). He just comes off sounding pedestrian and derivative.

EDIT: and this comes from someone whose young mind was blown away by Blue Velvet. I like David Lynch and respect him as a film maker, just not so much as a musical artist.

11. Pat Donovan says:

Sounds like he was trying to channel Nick Cave’s “From her to Eternity”
    …bet some Tom Waits stuff will be channeled next
    …wish David Lynch had stuck to his ringtones…loved those

12. I’m a big fan of David Lynch’s films, and I really like the Pixies’ cover of “In Heaven (Lady in the Radiator Song),” but this hasn’t convinced me I should buy his solo album. On the other hand, it hasn’t convinced me that I shouldn’t.

13. Josh Callaway says:

Incidentally, not the same as the other David Lynch, who I really dig and who is a lot more accessible.

14. moogtheremin says:

Dear Boing Boing,

Can you please fix the David Lynch song link.  I eagerly clicked left as instructed, only to find that the link had somehow mashed up with the previous Bad Lip Reading link.

15. michael palmer says:

It’s only called a solo album if the artist was known for being part of a band previously.  Thus
    Jeff Tweedy can have a solo album, William Shatner can’t.  Tweedy, Shatner and Lynch can start a band together, call themselves the Trekking Wilcoburys, and that would be awesome.

16. Phoenix Lomax says:

Loved the music, commented to my fiancee that I could get behind this… then some sort of caterwauling came along to ruin it. Sonuva…

17. William Joseph Dunn says:

I can imagine Les Claypool to doing a cover of this.