Head-sewn-on necklace

13 Responses to “Head-sewn-on necklace”

1. mkanoap says:

I recently saw instructions for making one of these.
    It looks like this one adds a few details (little beads to keep the stiches spaced out) over the one linked below, but for the crafty types, here you go.

• CH says:

The one above is really funny, made me laugh, but the Instructables one is amazing!!! I’m sure every non-decapitated zombie will sport a necklace like that, to hide the embarrasing fact!

(And I’m so going to make one like that… good thing I’m a pack rat for craft stuff!)

2. flowergardenslayer says:

Frankenstein was the mad scientist, you went as Frankenstein’s monster.  Just saying.

• Jim Saul says:

I see your pedantry and raise you… the monster was the child of the creator, psychologically, thematically, and in the monster’s own soliloquies.  So the scientist was Victor Frankenstein, the monster (who named himself Adam didn’t he?) was Adam Frankenstein.  Thus the last century of everyone calling the monster Frankenstein isn’t a peeve, it’s correct.

So that’s the last time we’ll see that “well, actually” I’m sure.  ;-)

• extra88 says:

Based on his sentence, Alice was the monster. I’m sure Cory made a beautiful Bride :)

3. Ben Burger says:

For a second I thought the necklace was sewn to her neck, I was like “whaaat? Oh I see haha”

4. emschelle says:

Wouldn’t it stab you in the neck if you looked down? Those stitches look fairly pokey to me.

5. jimh says:

Also, I think a dark red cord instead of black would be a nice effect here!

6. EH says:

Finally, I can dress up as a large black woman without having to do blackface! I’ll just be a large black woman who was decapitated and had a white man’s head grafted on.

7. efergus3 says:

Reminds me more of Sally’s stitching in The Nightmare Before Christmas.

8. efergus3 says:

Reminds me more of Sally’s stitching in The Nightmare Before Christmas.