Why are rabbit's feet considered lucky?

8 Responses to “Why are rabbit's feet considered lucky?”

1. Nadreck says:

Break a leg!

2. jayzeli says:

best collection of insane yet sensical words that I have seen in a while.

“by a cross-eyed, left handed, red-headed, bow-legged Negro riding a white horse.”

3. Christopher says:

Two things that always come to mind on the subject of rabbits’ feet: first, the saying that they weren’t lucky for the rabbit.

The second is comedian Robert Schimmel talking about his daughter’s pet rabbit. When it got sick his first response was to not take it to the vet because “we’re looking at four potential keychains here.”

4. Aaron Swain says:

Kudos for finding the most perfectly illustrative photo imaginable!

5. Daemonworks says:

I will never understand people who consider pugs cute.

6. JoshP says:

In my research on doing tanning with bunnies I’d read somewhere that rabbit foot charms rose and fell in popularity with bunny fur popularity as a clothing stock.  I got the impression that they were the hotdog of the rabbit industry.  If you take my meaning.  That’s just anecdotal, however.

7. wibbled_pig says:

Same idea with stepping in dog poop, or having a bird deliver its greetings from above.. such an unlucky event your luck is sure to get better afterwards..

at least in italy that’s the idea.

8. Angus Gascoigne says:

I wonder also about horseshoes … in the UK I have always seen them nailed to door frames in both the UK and here in Sao Tome e Principe (Africa) upside down (an “n”) but I was told that way your luck would “run out” and they should really be hung as a ” U” but the ones on my doorpost (actually donkey-shoes) are the only ones I have ever seen hung that way.

Can anyone explain?