ApocaLego: Building end-times with plastic bricks

13 Responses to “ApocaLego: Building end-times with plastic bricks”

1. DJBudSonic says:

HAHA!  At least half the stuff my 6 year old makes from the giant trail-mix bin of lego/playmobil look like this!

2. liquidstar says:

These are great.  Funnest use of lego i ve seen yet.  Really reminds of the work of Canadian artist Kim Adams.

3. Donald Petersen says:

As much as I love the whole Mad Max/Fallout/The Stand/World War Z stuff (and oh boy, do I love it), it occurs to me that just about all my Lego/Tinkertoy/Erector Set/Lincoln Log construction projects in my youth had a decidedly preapocalyptic theme.  Airports, spaceships, lunar bases, castles, western forts… I guess I wasn’t thinking that the world would end anytime soon back in the 70s.  Well, there was always  nuclear annihilation, but I guess I always assumed a scorched earth with no stone standing upon another would be the result of that.  Not much fun to recreate a flattened blasted landscape there.

And then Damnation Alley opened my eyes to the joys of the apocalypse!

4. Sooper8 says:

Lego doesn’t seem to lend itself to that genre easily. Lego is too ‘square’ and regular.
    Surely ApocaLego is all about rough edges and broken lines?

• grimc says:

That’s what I really find interesting about this; how people can take blocks of a uniform size and shape and create randomness.

• Anon_Mahna says:

digital camouflage……  it’s amazing what squares and rectangles can do when arranged just such & such of a way..

5. johnbaichtal says:

Sorry, STORYLINES, not SHORELINES. Curse auto-correct!

6. Tuff Luke says:

The top picture looks like Texas Battle Land in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 (1986)

7. jimh says:

I love that it’s all actual Lego pieces, in contrast to the concentration camp model that was up last week, where the artist had glued, cut, and drilled…

8. Anon_Mahna says:

Last pic had me laughing. There’s a chicken crossing the road.

9. Lobster says:

This is WAY cooler than a concentration camp model.

10. bbonyx says:

Makes me feel like playing Borderlands again.

11. blindog says:

Seems like a natural progression of all those separate but similar sets. Once you’re done building and enjoying then what? Aha!