How SOPA will attack the Internet's infrastructure and security

20 Responses to “How SOPA will attack the Internet's infrastructure and security”

1. Mari Lwyd says:

This is ridiculous. Every time a measure like this is turned away, another three pop up. If  an Electronic Freedom political party existed there is a 95% chance I would vote for it.

• EH says:

Every time a measure like this is turned away, another three pop up.

Because they’re not going to quit trying until they succeed or a law is passed to prohibit what they want to do. It’s as simple as that. It just so happens that they’re so desperate that they’re getting multiple angles going at a time.

2. Guest says:

I would gladly learn what all of that means if thats what I can do to make this law unenforceable.

We’re all sysadmins now.

3. gus mueller says:

hopefully the teabagger coalition will view this as “job-killing regulation.”  i wouldn’t count on it though.

4. Geak says:

amanicdroid is right and it’s really starting to depress me. We have to keep defending our freedoms over and over again but they only have to win once. What will it take to truly stop this kind of useless legislation for good?

• Eric Rucker says:

Nothing.

“The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.” -Thomas Jefferson.

• Guest says:

We could dispense with the clearly undue burden of requiring actual legislation? Go straight to Fascism, Do not pass GO, do not collect SS.

(edited for clarification of sarcasm)

• Geak says:

Oh sure… that sounds like a splendid idea. While we’re at it why don’t we instate a mandatory sterilization program for religious zealots and political extremists. It’s not like I’ll be able to collect SS by the time I retire anyway.

In all seriousness however I’m fed up and frustrated. I feel like a hamster on a wheel running as hard as I can to keep in place and nothing I do seems to really effect anything in a positive way. bhtooefr is right. It takes ‘constant vigilance’ but that doesn’t mean I have to like it and the longer it goes on the more tired of it I get.

• Cowicide says:

running as hard as I can

Keep spreading the information to others so they can run with it.  Running uphill isn’t running in place… it’s still getting somewhere.

• digi_owl says:

Exceute every last neo-classical rentier economist that has a fervent belief in the “knowledge economy”…

5. Kaibaman says:

This is Batshit Insane,in other words Hollywood wants to target anybody even if their not breaking Copyright Law if I’m understanding this right….its safe to say “Conspiracy Theorists” are right(I’m talking about the sane ones and not Glenn Beck)  I mean my god,what has our country become.

• kothz says:

> what has our country become

Something between A Handmaid’s Tale and 1984.

• Kaibaman says:

I’m not sure what A Handmaid’s Tale is but I’ll agree with 1984…but hell its like were in 1984 but Over 9000 in Madness Power Level
        (sorry trying to throw some sense of humor in this fucked up topic)

• Guest says:

A Handmaids Tale is a more believable dystopia than 1984. 1984 was exxagerated for effect in the same way the AHT is real for that same effect. Check it out, not just the movie.

6. p96 says:

This sounds like a good bill to drive innovation and talent out of the States *and* encourage darknets.

@Geak: Who determines who is a zealot or extremist? We have to apply sterilization equally to the whole of humanity if we want to get to the root of the problem.

7. DonBoy2 says:

Bad But Possibly Useful Analogy: to combat contraband in the physical mail, from now on all USPS, UPS, FexEx and other shipments must by law be in transparent packaging.

8. Devin Medeiros says:

I believe its only a matter of time that one of these bills pass. There is too much money wanting to pass the bill, and comparatively little money for the opposistion. That is why when one gets shutdown more bills pop up. They’re just trying to find a way to right the bill that makes it sound like we need it.  Unless we change the whole system, we the people will never be represented.  Only the corporations can afford government representation. If you wanna join the fight against the machine, check out Wolf-Pac.com.  We’re commin for’em.

9. Please repost the following on your facebooks:

THE INTERNET IS UNDER ATTACK. Fighting for our freedom: Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Twitter, Yahoo!, Zynga, AOL, eBay, and Mozilla together issued a joint letter to congress today opposing the SOPA internet censorship bill. They say this is a fight for the future of the internet. REPOST THIS MESSAGE, I want to see you all repost this. Write congress: http://americancensorship.org/   sign the petition: http://dontcensorthenet.com/sign-the-petition   Proof is here: http://blog.mozilla.com/blog/2011/11/15/mozilla/