Kickstarter for documentary on the global protest movement

8 Responses to “Kickstarter for documentary on the global protest movement”

1. Chip Farrell says:

I was there and I know how badly it failed. If it was the largest protest in history and it failed, it doesn’t speak too well to the efficacy of protest.

• nomad411 says:

It’s hard to wake people up, make them aware..  From where I stand, it looks like these protests are doing a huge job of getting people to at least think about the situation, to acknowledge it as real..

• B A says:

If anything, it showed us that a day’s protest is insufficient, it’s too easy to ignore. That’s why Protests have become Occupations. These can’t be forgotten about the next morning.

2. David Aerne says:

great at sad! So many people but still, the War took place… are we really that powerless?

3. michael says:

You have to remember that the Bush Administration chose to distort the reality around them – referring to Feb 15th as a merely focus group – and of course, the media let them get away with it.

Looks like a good project though – and there was certainly much media produced around Feb 15th. I recall working on a live satellite feed for FSTV from NYC and just after, another program for which we had video content submitted for a dozen countries.

4. kairos says:

I’m excited/interested to see the documentary, but personally I prefer to contribute money via Kickstarter to something that doesn’t already involve high-profile and -value names. One way or another, this will get its funding no matter what – whereas the money raised by popularizing some talented nobodies’ project could be make or break for their continued production.

5. Alan Wexelblat says:

In the U.S. people can choose to support this film via a tax-deductible donation through Film Forum.  See https://boxoffice.printtixusa.com/filmforum/sponsor?src=Amir%20Amirani-WE%20ARE%20MANY