Photo: Ramon Solis
Hard to estimate numbers, but by some accounts, well over 15,000 students and supporters are gathered at UC Davis for a rally and Occupy GA right now, following an incident Friday in which a police officer pepper-sprayed peaceful, seated student protesters at point blank range.
Above, a photograph by student journalist Ramon Solis, who has been tirelessly covering the events at UC Davis: a bouquet of carnations, bound together with #OWS tent-poles.
And below, again shot by Ramon just now: Occupy Lulz-themed signs carried by protesters, with image macros making fun of the grim scene just days ago at the very ground on which they're standing. Recursion overload.
You should follow Ramon, too.
Update: Katehi apologizes but doesn't resign.
- Interview with a pepper-sprayed UC Davis student
- Police officer pepper-sprays seated, non-violent students at UC Davis
- After pepper-spraying incident, UC Davis redesigns website
- One day after pepper-spraying, UC Davis students silently ...
- After police violence, UC Davis students plan large rally Monday ...
Boing Boing editor/partner and tech culture journalist Xeni Jardin hosts and produces Boing Boing's in-flight TV channel on Virgin America airlines (#10 on the dial), and writes about living with breast cancer. Diagnosed in 2011. @xeni on Twitter. email: firstname.lastname@example.org.