Swedish Pirate Party MEP Amelia Andersdotter, on taking office at long last

10 Responses to “Swedish Pirate Party MEP Amelia Andersdotter, on taking office at long last”

1. inkfumes says:

also her haircut is totally rad.

2. pKp says:

Well at least she’s had time to bone up on European procedure/law and the like… Hope she can do some good or at least crack a few heads. That being said, I’m predicting she’ll have a hard time being taken seriously, what with being (shock ! horror !) a woman, young, and member of a “nontraditional” party. Hope I’m wrong. Still, good news.

3. Lobster says:

Yarrr, she don’t sound like no pirate I e’er met.

4. bcsizemo says:

I was going to make a comment on that mullet look, but all the other pictures of her have a more normal hairstyle.  I didn’t know if it was a lighting thing or something.

Either way, if that is a mullet – we need more people like that in office.

5. Navin_Johnson says:

You’re too shy shy, hush hush, eye to eye…..

6. She doesn’t really need the microphone.  Voices carry.

7. William says:

C30, C60, C90, Go!

She’s beautiful.

8. Mikael Isaksson says:

She has totally owned every opponent in every political discussion I have ever seen. To the point where the opponent start stuttering because they realize they are utterly defeated and just start trying to save their face. She is razor SHARP and have a gigantic intellect. I would not want to face her in a debate believe you me!

• Andrei Vlad S says:

I have had the pleasure of seeing her talk in public, and I can totally confirm what you just said. She’s a force to be reckoned with!

9. niktemadur says:

Andersdotter’s net neutrality views and points made in the selected quotes at the top, are extraordinarily reasonable.  With the public-speaking eloquence to back them up, it’s no wonder she won elected office… in a system where corporate sponsorship is not an open-secret prerequisite for a political career.