Kickstarter: "█ ██████ SOPA ███ ███ █ ███ ███ ████ STUPID T-SHIRT"

10 Responses to “Kickstarter: "█ ██████ SOPA ███ ███ █ ███ ███ ████ STUPID T-SHIRT"”

1. MooseDesign says:

Markup session just ended with the basic admission that they need to talk to security experts about the bill. So, after over a year of negotiations and meetings on this they are only now tackling the security implications of the implementation of SOPA? Astonishing. But not.

2. dabe2 says:

I’m still in disbelief that this thing is going to pass.

3. DyingAtheist says:

Any chance of a shirt that says “I watched the markup session, and all I got was this foreboding sense of despair mixed with mind-numbing impotence and futility”?

4. SOPA will definitely not pass, certainly not to the extent they would hope for.  It’s almost impossible to police and involves worldwide agreements.  If it does pass their power of control will be minimal, or will just give rise for people to develop new online strategies to keep from being found.

5. Cool t-shirt and all, but I am somewhat confused about how it belongs on Kickstarter. I thought that page was about a raising money for a specific project, with an end goal in site. This just looks like he is trying to raise money by selling t-shirts. What am I missing here?

6. gerardwhelan says:

if you also black out the word t-shirt, then you’re left with
    ….SOPA…. Stupid
    which maybe is more likely to draw questions. I’ll buy that shirt

7. vinegartom23 says:

On the bright side, think of all the damage artists who’ve been ripped off by Hot Topic and Urban Outfitters will be able to do to those thieves- unless of course this whole thing is just another piece of legislation aimed at protecting the property of the wealthy. If it does pass- I say we find a lawyer for our causes to fire the first ridiculous shot and prove what a crap law it is. Now there’s a Kickstarter project I’d fund.

8. Pepijn says:

Seriously? A kickstarter for a T-shirt? What’s wrong with CafePress?