Smurf town in Spain votes to stay blue

17 Responses to “Smurf town in Spain votes to stay blue”

1. Just_Ok says:

geez, could be a lot of drinking game related mishaps

2. Peter Harris says:

there was a grand design programme on ch4 that discussed this about rainbow colors

3. firefly the great says:

The gravestones thing makes this kinda creepy. Imagine doing a bunch of genealogy, tracing your family roots all the way back to this town in Spain, seeking out your great-great-great-grandfather’s tombstone, and finding it’s been painted blue for some movie.

4. Layne says:

“…into the set of Smurftown for Sony’s hit…”

Wait a second, the SMURFS was a HIT?

5. TheMudshark says:

I can get why people would make a pilgrimage to Star Wars or LOTR filming locations, but the bloody SMURF movie? Even if you like the original Smurfs (the comic books are actually quite alright) that movie was an abomination.

6. I don’t think that’s what they mean by blue laws.

7. pipenta says:

I hope the money keeps flowing in for them, because I find that color scheme a bit oppressive.

And given my choice of little blue people to champion, I’ll take a Feegle every time and they dinna care what color ya paint yer house. I’m not sure they know what paint is, though they have a idea or two about what you can do with turpentine.

8. rsplatpc says:

So do you think they got the equivalent of the cost to repaint their village paid in blue touch up paint?

9. semiotix says:

I’ll give them double whatever the Smurfs paid them to repaint everything in dazzle camouflage.

10. Guest says:

i think it looks Smurfy.

11. endymion says:

I find this depressing. That the studio asked this town to paint their houses blue in the first place, and that they’ve decided to keep them blue for the tourism. All for a crappy, crass piece of mass entertainment with no artistry, taste or charm.

12. Tom B says:

Lame and derivative, Tarsem had a real blue city in his film The Fall:  “Jodhpur, the blue city, is a Brahmin city where you’re only supposed to paint your house blue. I made a contract with the city; we would give them free paint. We knew legally they could only choose blue. So they painted their houses blue and it looked more vibrant than it ever had before.”

13. S P says:

Juzcar is near where I live and I fully understand why they’re sticking with the blue. Even in the cities around here unemployment is above 30% and Juzcar is way up in the mountains along a wiggly road. Smurfs are crap but seeing a pueblo blanco that’s worth the (difficult) trip is always a pleasure.