The high-definition trailer for Ridley Scott's forthcoming science fiction movie, Prometheus, is bound to impress. [iTunes]

12 Responses to “Prometheus trailer reveals Alien prequel”

1. Martyn Drake says:

Bring on those Space Jockeys.  As long as it turns out they’re not called Smashie & Nicey. Oh, that’s *disc* jockeys. My mistake. Well, as long as it isn’t Lester Piggott. Damn me again, that’s a *horse* jockey. Mind you, any of those would scare the hell out of me if they were responsible for the xenomorphs.

What the hell is space jockey anyway?

• sincarne says:

This: http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Space_Jockey

Although there is nothing even remotely close to an established canon for the Space Jockeys. They’re portrayed as everything from near-deities to just another race slightly more advanced than humans, and all along the spectrum from good guys to super evil. I think Alan Foster had floated the possibility that they were using the xenomorphs as biological warfare, bombing a hostile race with facehugger eggs.

Still super-excited.

• jerwin says:

Just like humans, eh? And Humans are confined to one planet. Imagine the potential diversity  once “we’ve” had a few tens of  millenia to build up an interstellar culture.

2. Teirhan says:

I’m so excited for this movie.  it’s a shame i have a low tolerance for gore and creature horror and will probably not be able to stomach parts of the movie.

3. Jasonclock says:

F*ck f*ck f*ck, this trailer says everything about what’s wrong with contemporary cinema. Why do we have to go from middle aged normal looking people in a naturalistic atmosphere (Alien 1) to good looking movie stars in spectacular action sequences? Jesus fucking christ, I miss the 1970′s. And I was only alive for 57 days in the 1970′s.

• jerwin says:

Because with a big budget, you can hire the good looking people. You can hire stuntmen. You can invest a lot of money in special effects. The movie doesn’t have to skate along on the strength of the screenplay, and you aren’t forced to engage with the audience. On the other hand, you still have to play ball with financiers.

• penguinchris says:

I was happy at least to see that they’ve got a black working-class-looking guy with a baseball cap, who presumably is the driver or the mechanic, just like every sci-fi film from the 70′s… ;)

4. Definitely not impressed. All it says is “Get Quicktime”. Sorry, don’t want *real* slime on my PC

• CountZero says:

So you’d rather use shitty malware prone Flash installed instead?
      Ah well, stupid is as stupid does.

• Nope, I don’t have “shitty malware-prone Flash” either (please note the ‘-’ for future postings). If it can’t manage HTML5, I just don’t bother. Think that stupid if you wish, but I don’t feel I’m missing much, and my Firefox and Chrome memory footprints are down by a gig each.

5. fr4nk says:

For some reason, I can’t get excited about any Hollywood movie anymore, Ridley Scott or not.  I feel like I may never give an MPAA member studio any money ever again, but I can’t remember why.

Hmm.