2011's official secrecy outrages

22 Responses to “2011's official secrecy outrages”

1. Wally Ballou says:

Yes, and those of you who are US citizens will almost all vote for Obama in 2012, and you know it.  So try to keep the outrage dial backed down a notch or two, OK?

• digi_owl says:

Seem the US problem is that the election is mostly between two kinds of poison, both  presented by a representative of a corporate subsection.

• Wally Ballou says:

We’re not required to vote for either Lizard A or Lizard B, you know.

Although in retrospect,  I rather wish I had voted for McCain.  At least when HE tried some outrageous civil liberties violation, the NGO’s and the press and the anti-war movement would be raising holy hell about it, instead of determinedly looking the other way as they do for this guy.

• Mordicai says:

While I did & will vote for an Other Party, I think saying you should have voted for McCain is raw foolishness.

• nemryn says:

The problem is, voting for neither lizard doesn’t count as a vote for Nobody.

• Game theory addresses this. Americans need to fix their voting system  first. Without some form of preferential voting the political system will naturally narrow down to two parties which will converge on the same solutions and fight over the small swing at the center.

• digi_owl says:

@michaelrohansmith:disqus except that the center seems to have been dragged far to the right…

• EH says:

Michael Smith: is that a mathematical thing where currently there is really only two voting options, yes to one, no to all the others? IRV with 3 ranks would (eventually) result in 3 parties in equilibrium, that kind of thing?

• chenille says:

It’s true, nobody ever criticizes Obama. Well, politicians and press do all the time, but for some reason they never fault civil liberty violations. I’m sure they’re just giving the left an easy pass, and would have if it were McCain.

Oh, and there were some kind of mobs out on streets all over the country, but I’m told I shouldn’t pay too much attention because they’re upset about more than one thing.

But yeah, where are the NGOs in all this? Why doesn’t the ACLU try, I don’t know, suing the government or something? Why doesn’t the EFF speak out?

2. Daniel Smith says:

How bizarre…secrecy now seems to be like the two year old who thinks if he covers his eyes, you can’t see him. This isn’t secrecy so much as an attempt to remake reality by plugging ones ears and going “na na na na, I can’t heeeear you”…

3. laukarlueng says:

Obama does say the word “drone”. He threatened (jokingly) to murder the Jonas Brothers with predator drones if they came near his daughters. A mass murderer who jokes about his mass murdering. Barack “Nobel Peace Prize Winner” Obama ladies and gentlemen.

4. jimbo2112 says:

We have always been at war with Eastasia.

5. Mordicai says:

Well, when Obama talked about transparency, he didn’t mean GOVERNMENT transparency, he meant CITIZEN transparency.  This administration has continued the work of the previous administration in eroding your rights to privacy & free speech.

6. I make it a rule not to vote for those who torture or kill U.S. citizens without trial or oversight. So Obama, who should be impeached and brought before an international war crimes tribunal, is out.

I’d probably vote for Ron Paul. A racist, anti-choice loon who reverses U.S. global militarization and supports #Occupy is far preferable to a pseudo-progressive who erodes my civil liberties further.

7. BombBlastLightingWaltz says:

This comment has been made classified in the interest of National Security.

8. Roy Trumbull says:

Going back many years the CIA building in Langley had no markings. Yet the city buses had destination signs that said CIA.
    Long ago when I had occasion to see a secret document I found it was filled with useless eyewash meant to prop up a questionable project. Never bothered to look at one again.