Brain Rot: Mac Tonight Must Have Watched "Super Size Me"

PREV • INDEXNEXT

11 Responses to “Brain Rot: Mac Tonight Must Have Watched "Super Size Me"”

1. DewiMorgan says:

I have no clue who the character is meant to be – some US burger-ad character, I’m guessing

From the way objects indent the bread, and the way he is able to stride purposefully across its surface, it is a very massive burger.
    Unless he achieved escape velocity, gravity will eventually guide him safely back round to it.

There is probably no escape for him.

2. Rich Keller says:

It could be an allusion to St. Exupery’s Little Prince. The Fox said, “”You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.”
    Just replace “morbidly obese” with “tamed” and it all makes sense.

3. kP says:

McDonald’s Mac Tonight advertising campaign debuted when the television show Moonlighting was approaching peak popularity.   It did not seem accidental that Mac sported sunglasses (at night, no less) and a “David Addison” (Bruce Willis’ character) smile.

• Halloween Jack says:

I think that it was more meant to evoke some stereotypical lounge act, the kind that has “Mack the Knife” on their standard set list. Weill and Brecht, in their graves, spinning.

4. That hit a little too close to home.  I, too, am a heavenly object-headed McDonalds mascot.

5. penguinchris says:

I think this relies on being familiar with the character (I wasn’t) but I have to say, I really like the artwork.

6. sabotabby says:

I’m kind of obsessed with Mac Tonight—why did McDonald’s think that it was a good idea to create a nightmare-fuel creature with a theme song originally about a rapist-murderer? Who in the marketing department approved that? Anyway, love the comic.