Quest, a Saul Bass short fim based on Bradbury's "Frost and Fire"

10 Responses to “Quest, a Saul Bass short fim based on Bradbury's "Frost and Fire"”

1. sagodjur says:

It looks like deleted scenes from Krull or something like that.

2. Nutrition Industry says:

Kudos on your middle school lit choice – “R is for Rocket” was a great read!  I discovered Roger Zelazny in middle school and was totally hooked until I figured out he couldn’t write an ending that lived up to great writing in the rest of the novel (“Roadmarks” and a couple of others excluded).

P.S. my daughter goes to Nevin Platt right now, LOL.

3. I LOVED this story when I was younger! I had forgotten the name of it for years and years though. “R is for Rocket” and “S is for Space”, 2 of my absolute favourites as a lad.

4. Jorpho says:

I always thought “Frost and Fire” was a kickass little story that never got the recognition it deserved, so it’s nice to see this.  I suppose it can be argued that it’s pretty dissimilar from pretty much everything else Bradbury wrote, though.

5. Adam Haar says:

Sorry, your reference to Norman’s Gor books being on the shelves of your middle school library just made me spittake my coffee.  That’s some fine educational librarianing there, Lou.

6. Saul Bass directed one feature in his lifetime, a rather nifty killer insect picture called Phase IV which is well worth hunting down.

7. Ladyfingers says:

My story about this is that I saw the end of it after school one day, and it looked AMAZING, and I had no idea what it was. The visuals always stuck in my mind. About 15 years later,  I described it and asked AVClub.com for their “help identify this memory” column, and they actually did a feature on it.  Yay!

8. maryn says:

That was bizarrely trippy.