Obliteration Room: a stark white room with thousands of kid-placed colored dots

20 Responses to “Obliteration Room: a stark white room with thousands of kid-placed colored dots”

1. DonBoy2 says:

Is there some kind of text in the upper right quadrant, just right of the center “line”, or is my brain just doing its spurious pattern-finding thing?

2. JPhilipp says:

On a somewhat related note, here’s an experiment I conducted a while ago to see where people would click on seeing near-blank images:

3. artbyjcm says:

How did the kids reach up so high on the walls? lol

4. Lobster says:

I like it way better pure white.

5. I was lucky to be in Brisbane last week and visited this show with my daughter who loved it. They will give adults stickers too if you ask (the ceiling is covered with stickers as well)

6. bklynchris says:

pure unadulterated pleasure………

7. digi_owl says:

Explosion in a paint factory comes to mind.

8. gus mueller says:

any word on the level of e-coli contamination after all those stickers were smushed
    into place?

9. Now shoot it in stereo.

10. dahlia says:

kids rule.

11. Antinous / Moderator says:

White Box

Once again, this makes no sense if you click on the video embed because it strips off the time code. Click on the link instead.

12. teapot says:

Yayoi Kusama did the same thing years ago (putting dots on an ordinary-looking living room), but instead of using dots on a white room she used dots in a darkened room with UV light.

Kusama gets ZERO points for stylistic evolution, but everything she makes looks cool.

Her Infinity Room is awesome.. the best thing is they have to shut you in there, meaning galery-based IP infringement is a sinch.

13. Palomino says:

I’m not too sure about this. When I was 5, I saw Dr. Seuss’s  movie, The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T. This is a 2011 version, looks like the last kid standing and that the  idea is not all that unique.