TSA Confiscated Cupcake Song: "Code Red Velvet: Cupcakes of Mass Destruction"

16 Responses to “TSA Confiscated Cupcake Song: "Code Red Velvet: Cupcakes of Mass Destruction"”

1. mosherr says:

I was going through TSA screening at Burbank once with a dozen doughnuts and they said it was fine as long as none of the doughnuts were jelly filled. I couldn’t help but laugh

2. BadIdeaSociety says:

When I was in Japan, I had to throw away or finish eating a snowcone I was carrying to get through the security check.

While transferring through South Korea exiting a flight from Japan, a security screener noticed the PET bottle that I had in my bag, which was successfully scanned and determined safe by Japanese security agents. He walked me to a quiet corner of the flight gate and screamed at me for a good minute or two about how I was doing something highly illegal and that I should’ve known better than to bring a PET bottle on a commercial airliner EVEN IF Japanese security agents determined the bottle to be safe and the actual flight that I presumably could have caused trouble inside of had safely landed. Any danger my bottle would have caused was in the past at that point.

Airline security is idiotic all over the world.

I submit that the snowcone situation was stupider than her cupcake one.

3. Navin_Johnson says:

No justice, no peace!! – until entitled yuppies can take whatever foodstuff happens to be “hip” right now, on an airplane….and *in a jar*…

In the meantime let’s get on board with the libertarian, privatization crazy, anti-labor, media blitz that actually works to prevent these workers from having a say, or bargaining power when it comes to these dumb policies they are required to enforce by their superiors, and Democratic/Republican politicians.

4. jturnersr says:

I would have asked for the cup cake, spit on it and handed it back and said there now you can have it.

5. irksome says:

You presume to call this known terrorist a “lady”?

6. DewiMorgan says:

“connection to youtube-nocookie.com timed out” (reloading fixed it).

What’s youtube-nocookie? Is that a cool thing boingboing did, or a cool thing my browser did for me?

7. Jazz hands says:

I found a video of public enemy number one teaching a child how to make implements of terror: http://youtu.be/mOVDu7etQlc

Someone think of the the safety of our homeland and ban this sick filth now!

8. Mike Norman says:

The thing I like about this is that the Internet is more and more crystallizing and polarizing the relationship between normal people and our increasingly Kafkaesque government and security bureaucracies. Instead of suffering permanent dehumanization, isolation, and ennui by this kind of absurdity, we can share it with the world via, of all things, a funny video-sharing site and revel in the camaraderie of the organic society of actual humans just trying to cope in this world.

In my wildest imagination, I never thought that the struggle between good and evil would come down to this struggle, absurd itself in its ubiquity, between banal bureaucracy and shit-flinging plebes looking for a good time on YouTube.

9. Graham Martin says:

Guys it doesn’t stop there.  The FDA arrested Santa for smuggling stuff too, I’m sure he was packing cupcakes on board.  More here:  http://www.fdaimports.com/santa.php

10. JohnBerry says:

With all of this concern about the cupcakes I was looking at the Glass Jars thinking that I could make a weapon very easily. Someone could probably design and make jars that easily broke into blades that then fit into a handle made from something innocuous that is easily carried onto a plane. Geez, I hope I didn’t just add another item to the long list of things we need to cower in fear of.

11. Culturedropout says:

Now, it’s quite simple to defend yourself against a man armed with a cupcake. First of all you force him to drop the cupcake; then, second, you eat the cupcake, thus disarming him. You have now rendered him helpless.

They can have my cupcake when they pry it out of my cold, dead hand.

12. David Johnston says:

I bet the TSA also co-opted one of the luggage conveyors so they could expedite the transfer of the suspect foodstuffs right to the staff lunchroom.