Stop-motion video shows books at play after the bookshop owner has gone

23 Responses to “Stop-motion video shows books at play after the bookshop owner has gone”

1. Nate says:

Thereby ironically demonstrating exactly why the internet and digital technologies are so much better than books…. They don’t do this stuff.

2. Love the little one turning the pages of the book!! That whole thing was just lovely.

3. Kludgegrrl says:

It’s by the *white* squirrel coffee shop…  Ahem.  Named for the fabled white squirrel of the park.

(Nice video!)

4. Bodhipaksa says:

Thank you Cory! I think my book-loving heart will be singing for the rest of the day.

5. coryf says:

Very COOL!  Fun video!

6. teknocholer says:

In not-so-wonderful news, The Book Mark on Bloor St. W. , Toronto’s oldest independent bookstore, is  closing after 46 years.

I haven’t been to Type Books, but I’ll have to check it out.

• Kludgegrrl says:

Type books is a fabulous bookshop (and no, I have no affiliation!).  The general state of independent books stores here, and across North America, is disheartening, but Pages appears to be bucking the trend.  They were opened a few years ago by U of Toronto doctoral grads, if I recall correctly, and their books tables are always inviting and well selected.  (They also have an excellent kids book section in the back).

7. Godott says:

Great video. It looks like a lot of love and work went into it.

8. cubby96 says:

Nadege bakery across the street makes some really nice things as well.  For instance, their macarons are spectacular.

9. Ramone says:

Cory, is this the same video by CrazedAdMan you blogged about before? http://boingboing.net/2011/02/23/books-marching-aroun.html

I can’t tell if it’s the same or a sequel (the video to the previous link is gone).

10. Digilante says:

I could only watch a third of this before becoming totally overwhelmed with a terrifying sense of utter exhaustion, thinking how much work it was to make this, followed by a sickening bout of jealousy, now knowing that there are people out there who have more than 2 minutes of spare time in a day.

Well, there goes my free time. Back to work.

• Terry Border says:

So much work, for sure!  As to how much spare time they had to do this, it’s hard to say, but while they were making magic, others were surfing the web, gaming, and watching the tube. Just saying. :)

11. CountZero says:

Thanks, Cory, that has made my day. I actually got a bit emotional watching that, it’s just wonderful.
    Big ups to the film makers, too, there’s a huge amount of love and effort went into that, and they deserve the praise.

12. Shibi_SF says:

Aw.  I LOVE BOOKS!  (I can say that *here* right?)

13. Elizabeth Chaldekas says:

Love this whimsical take on the life of books! I’ve sent it to every librarian/bibliophile I know.
    Thank you!

14. pant says:

Hooray!  I adore books and other people whom adore books… and, Toronto is such a dearheart of a city.

15. skyhawk1 says:

Thanks Cory. This was beautiful. Anyone know who performed the music?

16. 97A says:

I love Type books. And a cappu from White Squirrel is always a good thing.