Net-meme tile-game on Kickstarter

14 Responses to “Net-meme tile-game on Kickstarter”

1. zombiebob says:

what, no lolcats? Or even caturday cats?

2. Oh, I was hoping for an Illuminati-type game featuring lolcats controlling mefites who control tomshardware and slashdot. Fighting against Wikipedia, which for bonus points controls Conservapedia. And playing the “In Soviet Russia” card turns your pluses into minuses?

3. Senor Schaffer says:

This is what I need in my life.

4. blepom says:

Doesn’t really look worth funding…the description makes it sound like an early mobile phone game in terms of fun, and the idea isn’t exactly appealing enough…
    The whole internet meme thing is but a commercial plug. As game developer I’d feel bad if this gets funding and more appealing games don’t. If you have the nerve to ask for funding, make sure to impress, not amuse. Greedy fools.

• Heartfruit says:

Perhaps they just made a really bad video but I agree, this did not strike me as that much fun.  They might have done better if they’d spent a little time actually showing people playing.

• blepom says:

Not enough effort. This “get rich quick” mentality of some indie devs really upsets me.They must think that because some low-grade games made their creators rich, they can do it too with whatever unimaginative crap they *barely* produce. Reeks of ego and greed, and little to no love for games.
        This kind of people sure would fit in the current industry. Hah.

• Brett Myers says:

Tasty Minstrel is anything but a “get rich quick” publisher. They have at least five successful Kickstarter projects under their belts already with several highly regarded games on Boardgamegeek.com.

5. bo1n6bo1n6 says:

tractor bean?

6. bobcorrigan says:

I need to rethink my “Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock” game printed on lacquered marzipan squares.

7. francoisroux says:

Think they might sell a few more if they rename it “For Teh Win”…

8. Nicole Dunham says:

Bah I can never remember my new boingboing password.

Anyway, I’m just chiming in to echo the feeling of underwhelm-ment expressed by some other commenters.  It looks like a boring game with a boring name.