Life-sized edible Stormtrooper cake

27 Responses to “Life-sized edible Stormtrooper cake”

1. Gabriel Morgan says:

Isn’t that a little short for a stormtrooper cake?

2. Terry Border says:

One of those things that is interesting to look at, and kudos to the baker/maker, but I would label it with quotation marks- “edible.”   Fondant icing usually isn’t something people ask for second helpings of.

3. bcsizemo says:

Obviously once you cut into it, you will realize this wasn’t the chocolate cake trooper you were looking for.

4. Ceronomus says:

Don’t forget whatever is holding the thing up. Cakes like this are more about the art than the eating.

5. rich5150 says:

This is not the cake your looking for, move along!!!

6. Mike Norman says:

For sufficiently fondant definitions of edible, I would suppose.

7. Amanda Oakleaf says:

Our fondant is actually a marshmallow base that tastes just like marshmallow.  Here’s a pic of what the cake looked like inside.  More pics at http://blog.oakleafcakes.com/stormtrooper-cake/

• oldtaku says:

Oh my god. Everyone needs to follow this link.  I thought it was pretty cool before but once you find out that the ‘skeleton’ is rice krispy treats it’s just over the top. In fact, I’d hope Cory updates the story if he ses it.

8. Amanda Oakleaf says:

• Guest says:

How dare you challenge my entrenched beliefs about fondant at such a reasonable distance from my house!? Now, for science, I will have to visit your bakery and conduct further research. Delicious, delicious, research.

9. vonskippy says:

That’s not the fondant and gumpaste you’re looking for.

10. hawamahal says:

This cake was so scrumptious!   I went back for a second piece.   And the cool thing was that as they cut sections out of the trooper’s body, there were these square gaps, like some kind of Salvador Dali sculpture…  Kudos to the Oakleaf Bakers!

• Amanda Oakleaf says:

We’re so glad you thought it was scrumptious!  People don’t realize, but making something that big and complex still taste awesome is one of the hardest parts!

• jere7my says:

I was there, and I et it! It was indeed delicious. And it was creepy as hell the way you left the trepanned helmet and one arm on the table for the rest of the weekend….

• SomeGuyNamedMark says:

This is how they turn you to the dark side.

11. WaylonWillie says:

Guest of honor gets to eat the codpiece!!!