Bloomberg's amazing -- and rejected -- Mitt Romney cover

13 Responses to “Bloomberg's amazing -- and rejected -- Mitt Romney cover”

1. Trevel says:

Of course they rejected it: the first rule of presidential candidate fight club is that we do not talk about presidential candidate fight club.

2. A. . says:

The Bloomberg image is REAL, after all.

3. Crispian says:

Trevel is right.

It’s also a more abrasive image than that of the New York Magazine because Romney is alone.  The realism helps a lot, but so does presentation. Take Obama’s mug from the NY Magazine and present it alone with the hazy background.

• Navin_Johnson says:

Nah, take a picture of the actual President Obama in The Oval Office doin’ his Presidentin’ duties and counter that with the guy he’s running against:  The lofty 08 candidate Obama out making good speeches.

4. Chuck says:

I’m kind of looking forward to more pics of him in a Bane mask…

“When your employer has been reduced to ashes, you have my permission to die.”

5. Antinous / Moderator says:

It worked for Amy Sedaris.

6. Rev. Benjamin says:

I hate stuff like this.  Anything that takes real images of people and degrades them in a demeaning fashion is not cool in my opinion.  And no, I’m not a Romney fan, at all.

7. Navin_Johnson says:

Buck up Mitt, you just made 50k over the last 20 hrs.

8. endymion says:

I dislike Romney too, and it’s really an amazing cover.

But I’m glad they didn’t run it. The less we use violent images and rhetoric in our politics, even metaphorically (“Newt batters Romney! Romney slams Obama!”), the better.

9. daemonsquire says:

You should see the other guy.

10. Shallow, stupid, idiotic, shoddy. This is the sorry state of today’s jounalism. If I wanted farce, I would prefer to go to Mad Magazine and get a superior product.