Gweek 037: Donald Duck is High on Arrival

9 Responses to “Gweek 037: Donald Duck is High on Arrival”

1. pt68 says:

Good stuff!

2. retepslluerb says:

Okay, I’ve heard the part about Carl Barks.

Sounds promising, but does anyone know if it is really better than the Gladstone issues?  Apart from being in Hardcover, I mean.

I’ve read reviews that called the colouring superb, not as “garish” as the computer colouring done by Gladstone, but I judging from Fantagraphic’s pdf,  the difference isn’t that big.

3. Bryan Davis says:

Great show.
    Mark, consider making Optimal Coffee (by Dr. Jack Kruse): coconut oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, turmeric.Or Doc Fermento’s recipe: 25g of coffee in the aeropress, 56-60g unsalted pastured butter, 14g MCT Oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, turmeric- blend.God I love coffee, especially bulletproofed, optimized, Fermento-ized.

I’m also now inspired to take my son to the local comics shop. Thanks!

4. James says:

Hey Mark,
    I’d be a little careful with the amount of saturated fat you are getting from the coconut oil though (not just calories). This review on Science Based Medicine of the book Heart 411 talks about the link between saturated fat and heart disease: http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/an-owners-manual-for-the-heart/

5. Brandon Kruse says:

After Maggie laying out how expensive and labor-intensive videos are, I thought you guys were about to have an on-air insight about intellectual property and piracy.

6. cjporkchop says:

Anyone know why Firefox is warning me that the Bulletproof Executive page (linked in the coconut coffee blurb) is an “attack page”?

7. petz79 says:

I’m astonished that I immediately recognized the title image and knew which story it was from. The last time I’ve read Lost in the Andes must have been 20 years ago. I highly recommend Don Rosa’s sequel “Return to Plain Awful”:  http://disneycomics.free.fr/Ducks/Rosa/show.php?s=date&loc=AR130

8. CharredBarn says:

Interesting podcast. BTW, Amazon Turk is supposed to be a marketplace for work. The dollar paid for the lady with the whistling “s’s” was below minimum wage, as far as I can tell.

What the hell? You paid someone a dollar for seven minutes of voice recording, not counting prep time?