9 Responses to “HOWTO make a fur-lined barbarian forearm bracer with a digital D&D dice-roller built in”

1. Michael Hord says:

Oddly, the link above is to the actual 404 page for SparkFun. The tutorial is here:

2. coryf says:

Reminds me of the book Quagmire Keep, in which a RPG group finds themselves transported into their characters.  To represent the dice, each has a bracer with the usual multi-sided dice that start rolling at key times in the plot.

3. thaum says:

Make cool electronic dice roller. Add secret keyswitch to bias rolls when you’re wearing it.

• jerwin says:

Player: “Oh you shouldn’t have. You really shouldn’t have!”
      DM: “At least try it just for this session. I put a lot of work into it.”
      Player: “I’ll use the dice roller, but you can’t make me wear it.”
      DM: “Fine by me.”
      Player: “Why am I fumbling so often?”
      DM: “I installed a secret keyswitch to bias the dice. If you wear it, the dice will be honest.”
      Player: “Oh, all right then,”
      *Click*
      DM: “I should warn you, however, that the armband feeds off the entropy of your soul…”

4. Marc Mielke says:

I prefer Science Fiction tabletop. Maybe one built into a Pip-Boy?

5. robuluz says:

Whoa! That’s totally bad-ass!!! Walk right into that biker joint, slam your fist on the bar, tell em you want a beer and make it fast! Anyone gives you trouble, just roll that baby over a little so they can see the built in D&D dice roller. You got a problem? No. Didn’t think so. Mutha fucka.

• Antinous / Moderator says:

I usually just borrow the dishwasher’s shoes and dance on the bar.

• robuluz says:

We might be talking about different biker joints. Mine only exists in movies. They park their hogs out the front in a row like dominos, there’s constant fighting going on, and one of them wears the exact same size leathers as Arnold Schwarzenegger. They all stop and scowl when you walk in, and you either beat them all up with your amazing superhuman martial arts skills, or win them over with your charm and sense of one percenter comraderie.

Or, that might be exactly the type of biker joint you’re thinking of.

Edit: Actually, I think I just described the Woodman’s Inn, in the East end of Adelaide. I wonder if that place is still there?

Edit edit: Or the New Century, on the other side of town. Now that I think about it there were a lot of places like that.