Graffiti artist in Urbana, Ill. has an upbeat message for you

17 Responses to “Graffiti artist in Urbana, Ill. has an upbeat message for you”

1. MrJM says:

Urbana in the morning
    Champaign at night

2. I wonder if it was targeted for a specific someone who passes by that way on a regular basis…?

3. irksome says:

“… and it was this stack of worn tires and a decrepit bicycle that led me to that conclusion.”

4. Mujokan says:

Luckily for me, the definition of “wonderful” has undergone depreciation since the rise of the Tea Party.

5. Bob LeDrew says:

Which major clothing retailer will “borrow” this sentiment? Pool, anyone? I put $5 on American Apparel.

6. Chanfan says:

Not to shill for the man or anything, but I can’t help but wonder how wonderful this makes the building owner feel.

• L_Mariachi says:

The building owner who leaves stacks of old tires and wrecked bicycles leaning against his property? I wouldn’t get too concerned about his feelings on upbeat graffiti.

7. My favorite bit of sweet but misguided graffiti was in Baltimore.  It said “Happy wedding anniversary grandma and grandpa.”

8. chrisfrelin says:

That is comforting to such see a kind sentiment.  Reminds of of this scrawling I saw the other day:

9. Someone had put nice sentiments in chalk inside the south tunnel of Amtrak in Chicago Union Station as you leave… very faint last time I saw them “Love each other” , “Forgive one another..”    They’re on the cement dividers all the way down near when the train exits the station if you are facing east (the lake)

10. Alex Wild says:

If you’re in Urbana and looking for this graffiti, it’s on the back wall of Goodyear, on Vine St. near Lincoln Square.

11. Listener43 says:

I note that the ‘artist’ used the past tense ….

12. oasisob1 says:

Entomologist? Wrong superhero? http://xkcd.com/1012/

13. bolamig says:

good link evanG.  I wish I weren’t so white.

14. UniAce says:

Holy carp!  This is 2 blocks from my house and I see it every day.  As Alex said, it’s on the back of the Goodyear (aka Urbana Tire Co.).  The nice dudes there have kept my now-technically-classic 1985 Chevy Blazer running through grad school.  The graffiti has been there for at least a few years (I’d guess at least 4).  It wasn’t always visible, as sometimes tires would be stacked in front of part of it.  Also, it was not plainly visible from the street until a whole block of small mostly-dilapidated houses was razed about a year ago.

Anyway, good eye Alex!  If you haven’t done so already, you should keep an eye out for the various square-headed robot graffiti I’ve seen over the past few years, closer to U Illinois campus.  cheers!